All About East West Bank Personal Loan
Last updated: July 31, 2023
- EastWest Bank is one of the biggest banking institutions in the Philippines.
- It has millions of clients, but it also has strict policies about loans.
- If you applied for a loan in EastWest Bank, and did not get approved, one alternative that you have to consider seriously is Digido.
- It is 100% online. It is fast and convenient, and it is easy to get approved provided that you have met the requirements.
Eastwest Bank is one of the biggest commercial banks in the Philippines. You can make deposits here, do remittances, and more importantly, apply for a EastWest credit card or get a personal loan. But how? Today, we will tell you everything you need to know about how to get an EastWest Bank Personal Loan.
How Can I Get a Personal Loan from EastWest Bank?
There are two ways to get an EastWest Personal Loan. The first one is by going to the bank and talking to a banking personnel. The second method is to file online. Whichever method you choose, you have to fill out the application form and submit the required documents, which we will discuss in detail later.
To get a personal loan, you need to understand that the bank charges fees. There are many types of fees, and the cost varies according to the amount of your loan.
These fees are the following:
– Processing Fee;
– Documentary Stamp Tax;
– Contractual Interest Rate;
– Late Payment Fee;
– Early Termination Fee;
– Check Retrieval and Replacement Fee.
If you want to apply online, all you need to do is to fill out the form and submit it online, too. The bank will send you notifications on what to do next.Apply now
→ Useful information about unpaid online loan in the Philippines
Eastwest Personal Loan Requirements
If you need EastWest credit, you can apply, but you will need to provide the necessary documents. Here are the EastWest Personal Loan requirements:
- You must be a Filipino citizen;
- You must be at least 21 years of age;
- You must have a landline number and a mobile number;
- Your salary must at least be 15,000 pesos per month.
Foreigners may also apply, provided that they are permanently residing here. Also, by the time your loan matures, you must not be 65 years old. As far as salary is concerned, your gross annual salary must be at least 180,000 pesos.
If you meet these conditions, then you are already pre-qualified for the loan. However, it does not mean that you will be approved. The bank still has to do some background verification to see if you are really eligible.
Upon application, you also need to submit several documents as follows:
- Application form – you can get this from the bank, or you can fill it out online. You can also download the form, fill it out, and then hand it over to the bank personnel.
- Valid ID – you need to submit a photocopy of your government ID. Some examples of these are SSS, GSIS, passport, and driver’s license.
- ITR or payslip – if you are employed, you have to submit your proof of income. If you submit payslip, you have to submit three months’ worth of your payslip. If you are self-employed, you need to submit a copy of your income tax return, which you can get from the Bureau of Internal Revenue.
- If you are a Foreign National, you must submit proof of your residence. Once your loan has been approved, you will also have to submit original copies of the documents you presented and then post-dated checks. You cannot apply for a loan from EastWest unless you have a checking account. This is the only mode of payment that they accept.
→ Also read all about Easy Cash Loan with no bank account
Eastwest Bank Personal Loan for OFWs
There is really no difference between a regular personal loan and an EastWest bank personal loan for OFWs. The things they will ask if you are the same, but you will have to present your proof of employment.
If you are an OFW, you will also be required to submit your government IDs indicating that you are an OFW. This will include documents from POEA and your employer abroad.
The interest rates are the same since EastWest currently does not have a program for OFWs. Other banks in the Philippines provide better loan rates for OFWs so you may want to check them out if you are working abroad.
→ Learn about Fast Loan in 15 Minutes
How to Get a Renewal in Eastwest Bank?
To get an EastWest Bank personal loan renewal, you must go to the bank and discuss your situation with a bank manager. They will file for a consideration, which will be approved by another department. Just take note that whenever you ask for a loan renewal, you may also pay a higher interest.
If you really think about it, the longer you pay your debt, the more money banks earn. This is how they earn – from interest. If possible, you have to carefully assess how much you can loan, and then only avail what you can afford to pay. Try to avoid an EastWest Bank Personal Loan extension if you could, as this will only result in you paying more money.
→ Learn more about Fast Loans With Bad Credit Score
Who Does Not Fit Eastwest Bank Loans?
There may be some situations where your loan application may not be approved. Based on past experiences and customer feedback, here are the most common reasons:
- You need an amount less than 25,000 pesos. If your loan amount is too small, the bank will not make money off of the interest you pay. If you want to loan an amount that is smaller than this, you have to consider other options.
- You do not have a stationary phone number. EastWest requires that you have a landline and a mobile phone. The landline is a guarantee that you live where you say you do.
- You do not want to wait a few days for the loan decision. The loan process can take a week or more. If you are not willing to wait, and you need to loan as soon as possible, the bank may not grant you the loan at all.
- You do not want to pay a commission for processing the application. The commission is the interest. In your application form, you have to leave your signature indicating that you approve of the interest and the other fees. If you do not want to agree with this and you do not put your signature, you will not get approved.
- Your annual income is less than 180,000 pesos. EastWest bank requires that you have a salary of at least 180,000 pesos a year to ensure that you have the capacity to pay. The science behind this is not clear, but they have certainly factored in economic statistics.
These are the most common reasons why you cannot get approved for a loan, but there are others. For example, if you have a bad credit rating, you will not get approved. If your loan is too small, the bank will not get enough interest from you. You see, the interest you pay must be able to pay off their expenses for spending time with you, the paperwork expenses, and many more.
Speaking of interest rates, you can use the EastWest Bank Personal Loan calculator if you want to see how much your amortization is going to be. If you need more help, you can also call the EastWest Bank Personal Loan hotline (+632) 8888-1700.Apply now
→ All about emergency cash loans in one hour
Alternatives for Eastwest Personal Loan
If you do not think you can get approved, or if you were already denied a loan, you can try to get a loan from Digido.
Digido is an online facility that grants loans to Filipinos. Currently, it can only grant loans to Filipino citizens who are living in the country. There is no loan for OFWs yet, but the workaround is that you can have your spouse apply.
Digido is a great option because of the following reasons:
- You can loan a small amount;
- Everything is processed online;
- You do not have to pay high-interest rates;
- You can get credit 24/7
- You can get a loan without official work
Here are the loan qualifications or requirements:
- Valid ID;
- Proof of income;
- Must be 21 to 70 years old;
- Must have a mobile phone.
- Must reside in the Philippines
- Must be a citizen of the Philippines
→ Also read What is Phone Loan in the Philippines?
Now let’s talk about the Digido benefits.
- Digido does not need a landline, and it is alright if you loan less than 25,000 pesos. The least amount Digido can loan you is 1,000 pesos.
- With Digido, you can apply for a loan online with no need to go to their office physically. Just go to the website, fill out the application form, and then submit scanned copies of the documents required.
- Also, the processing time will take only 24 hours. It is very rare for Digido to process loans that take a week. Only in special circumstances they will take this long.
- Once your loan is approved, Digido will transfer the money to your bank account. Another thing worth mentioning is that you do not need a check to be able to pay Digido. Just make your payments online on your due date.
→ Learn about How to Renew Business Permit
MyraThis site is highly recommended to those who were affected of the pandemic crisis. Come and try. A very nice Customer Service at its best.5
ReymartNice app, you can have your loan in an instant and great thing taht your first loan dont have a charge4
IveeThe best loan app you can ask for. If you're a good payee it will give you the option of paying your loans with a longer period of time.5
AllanFast and reliable. Kudos to this app. Thank you.5
MarkA very reliable loan app. You can have the approved amount transferred to your account in less than 3 minutes. Highly recommended to those who need immediate cash☺4
Disclaimer: This article was written based on information available to the writer at the time of publication and the article was published for promotional, reference, and educational purposes only. Nothing in the articles published in the website is intended to constitute legal or financial advice and users are advised to seek counsel from legal and financial professionals.
Likewise, rates or offers published in the websites are promotional marketing offers only and do not constitute any binding contract between the Corporation and the website users.While the writers and publishers of the articles in the website wrote the articles using credible information available to them at the time of publication, any changes or updates to the information presented in this article may not be reflected here.
Hence, users are enjoined to exercise appropriate diligence in using the data and information published in the website, and they are urged to study and compare it with other credible sources. Users understand that the writers, publisher, website owner and the Corporation are not liable for any damage or injury they sustained for their wrongful or erroneous use of the data or information written in the article and published in the website.