- Metrobank is the second largest bank in the Philippines.
- This has provided one of the best financing services.
- However, if you don’t want to go through the hassle and constant rejections, then Digido will be the best choice for you.
Metrobank Online Banking Guide
Metropolitan Bank, or more commonly known as Metrobank, goes by the motto of “You’re in good hands.” They have some of the best offers for entrepreneurs, investors, and the overall banking industry.
If you are one of those who are looking into working with Metrobank, this article can be a big help for you. To be specific, we are going to discuss what Metrobank is, the available loan types, all about Metrobank credit cards, and Metrobank Direct. The reasons for loan rejection and possible alternatives will also be talked about.
Metrobank was established in 1962. Its first branch was built in Binondo, Manila, and there, it became a universal bank as well as one of the top financial institutions in the country.
Their latest recorded net income in February 2021 came up to PHP 13.8 billion which means that their community is constantly growing even nowadays. Their branches total to over 950 within the country, but they also have more than 30 branches internationally.
Types of Metrobank Loans
In this section, we are going to focus on the types of loans that you can look into and avail from Metrobank, along with the Metrobank loan requirements and rates of each of them.
This being stated, here are the Metrobank personal loan types provided by the institution:
Metrobank Auto Loans
An auto loan will be an ideal choice if you are going to buy a new car. Here, you can customize the inclusions of your loan like your goals, preferences, and budget. Loan terms can also go up to 5 years at maximum.
As for the Metrobank car loan requirements, you have to prepare the following:
- 1 valid government-issued ID;
- Either your latest income tax return or a detailed certificate of employment;
- Bank statements or audited financial statements;
- For non-Filipino applicants, SIRV/I-Card/ACR with the official receipt;
- For OFWs, COE with employer’s email address (land-based workers) or the latest POEA contract (sea-based workers).
You can borrow a starting loan amount of PHP 250,000 or at least 80% of the selling price of the vehicle. You can find out more about Metrobank car loan rates on the website.
Metrobank Home Loans
Home loans will provide you with enough money to buy a house and/or undergo renovations. Similar to auto loans, this is also customizable. This is, however, equipped with a 25-year loan term.
Here are the things that you need to submit upon application:
- Government-issued ID;
- For foreigners with immigrant status, ACR;
- For local workers, ITR/COE/3 months payslip;
- For OFWs, COE with employer’s email address (land-based workers) or latest POEA contract (sea-based workers);
- For self-employed, 6-months bank statement with BOO Certification of “No Overdraft Charges”;
- Transfer or Condominium Certificate of Title;
- Tax declaration;
- If with developer tie-up, Contract to Sell or Reservation Agreement;
- For house construction projects, house plans/bill of materials/house specifications.
The minimum loan amount totals to PHP 500,000. You can make a more detailed calculation online using the Metrobank home loan calculator.
Metrobank Business Loans
Lastly, we have a business loan for entrepreneurs. This is further categorized into 3 types which are SME Credit Line, SME Short-term Loan, and Long-term Metrobank cash Loan. You can avail of any of these if you want to purchase new equipment, property renovation, finance a franchise, or a third-party loan.
Below are the necessary documents:
- Government-issued ID;
- Business Registration Certificate or Permit;
- Proof of billing;
- 3-year income tax return;
- 3-year audited financial statement;
- 6-month bank statement;
- Duplicate copy of Transfer Certificate of Title;
- Certificate of Placement;
- Tax declaration;
- For construction, vicinity map, lot plan, and bill of materials.
The loan amount and/or rate is not set publicly so you may need to converse directly with Metrobank, either through its nearest branch or online.
The bank also gives out Metrobank cash loans with no collateral, but they are not available to everyone but only to permanent employees, OFWs and business owners. There is also the Metrobank salary loan, which is a short-term loan for employees of companies who are payroll customers of Metrobank.
As you can see, Metrobank offers flexible loan solutions for different purposes. This will help you ensure that you and your goals will be provided with the right benefits and offers.
Metrobank Credit Card
Now, let’s continue talking about the requirements, rates, and applications regarding Metro bank credit cards. If you are wondering as to how they differ from debit cards, credit cards provide more flexibility in spending because you spend money that you don’t have yet.
As for the requirements for Metrobank credit card application, refer to the following list:
– For a principal card: 18 to 70 years old;
– For a supplement card: 14 to 80 years old;
– Valid TIN/SSS/GSIS/UMID number;
– Landline number (business/residence);
– Mobile number;
– For employed: must be working for at least 6 months for the current employer;
– For self-employed: business must be at least 2 years.
In terms of rates and payment plans, it will vary according to what type of credit card you avail. There are more than 20 types offered by the institution.
In certain seasons, a Metrobank Credit Card promo is also made available. Again, this will differ from the card type that you have. This may, however, include discounts, 0% instalment, and exclusive brand deals. Using the card, you can get Metrobank Credit Card rewards and bonuses that suit your lifestyle – from personal gadgets and gifts for the kids to airline miles and charity.
To efficiently monitor your card’s status, you should consider checking your Metrobank Credit Card balance inquiry. To do this, you should send the appropriate keyword to their MTXT number which is 225622. This is available for all networks. Metrobank credit card hotline is (02) 88-700-700, for provincial areas toll-free contact number is 1-800-1888-5775. You can also resolve issues with your Metrobank credit card online, in your personal account on the website.
If you are wondering how to pay your Metrobank credit card, there are many options. First, you can use Metrobank Direct. You can also pay at any ATM in the Philippines, at any Metrobanka or PS Bank branch nationwide, or through payment terminals located in Metro Manila.
Metrobank Direct online is the banking system of Metrobank. This comes with a lot of functions that can further help you make the most out of online banking. This is also integrated with an easy signup process.
Here are the steps on how you can Metrobank Direct login:
- Head on to the official website of Metrobank;
- Navigate to the “Login” tab on the top right corner of the page;
- Click “Metrobank Online”;
- Select “Sign Up”, and enter the required information;
- Review information before clicking “Next”;
- Wait for a 6-digit verification code to be sent to your email, and type it in once received;
- Set a passcode, and wait for a new verification code from your mobile number, and then click”Next”.
Remember your login information, and log in once again from the main page.
As for the online services offered by the institution, below are some of them:
· Metrobank Balance Inquiry online;
· Move Money;
· Send Money;
· Pay Bills;
· Load Prepaid;
· Open Time Deposit;
· Use QR Code to send and request funds;
· Manage what is called Unit Investment Trust Funds;
· Order chequebook.
These are the functions that you can do through Metrobank Direct Personal.
Why Your Metrobank Credit Card or Loan Application is Rejected
If for any unspecified reason, your credit card or loan application is denied, you may need to look back on your credibility as an applicant. Here is a checklist of some of the most common reasons as to why Metrobank may have rejected you:
1. You have a bad credit history
Having a bad credit history happens when you can’t or don’t pay your credit card bills on time. This leads the bank to have less trust in you and makes them not confident enough to let you borrow their assets.
Check your payment plans to see if you are constantly missing your due dates, and try to fix this as soon as possible if you are planning to reapply.
2. You are not officially employed
Being officially employed means that you are already working for more than 6 months for a specific employer, sometimes even longer depending on the company. If you have not reached this period yet, you should wait until you earn the title, and then reapply. This is taken into account to ensure that you are financially stable enough to fulfil your obligations.
3. You are less than 21 years old
Although both principal and supplementary cards start at 18 and 14 years, respectively in their age limits, they do not necessarily permit it during application due to the lack of credentials. For Metrobank, it is most recommended to apply for a credit card or loan if you are 21 years old or older for a better guarantee.
4. Your income is less than 180,000 pesos a year
If you are working on a minimum wage, it may also play out negatively during your application. You can increase this by having a little sideline for reaching the income quota.
Because money is the main subject, there is no doubt about the strict standards and rules being implemented. Applications are carefully assessed, so you have to ensure that you possess all the requirements before applying to avoid wasting time.
Alternative for Metrobank
If you don’t want to go through the hassle of applying for a Metrobank card or loan again, then we recommend looking into Digido.
Digido is an online institution that provides instant loans. Free loans can go up to PHP 10,000, to which you will pay without interest. To be more convenient, the platform also claims to send this to your account within 4 minutes.
Here are Digido’s requirements:
- 21 to 70 years old;
- Employed individuals and professionals;
- Filipino residents.
As you can see, the requirements are not as tight as those of regular banks. You can also complete the application process even without guarantors, documentations, or guarantee deposits.
MemeFast and easy to apply, got approve right away and there is no interest in first loans, I am a happy client here.5
NormanThe process is very smooth and perfect! And would like to commend also the agent who evaluated me over the phone, she is so polite and very nice. Nice lending app and nice customer service! I would highly suggest this app to all of my friends and colleagues. Thank you!5
DanicaSuperb App. It is very easy and fast approval. it's my second loan since the last time. Very happy to apply for this app. Highly recommended.4
StephenFast and easy to use. Only for emergency for me4
RosveEasy to apply and they disburse loan amount instantly. Online staff are very accomodating and respectful thank you.4