What You Need to Know about RCBC Credit Cards
Who can get a Digido loan?
- RCBC Credit Card online banking is one of the amazing financial services in the Philippines.
- You can use your credit card to make purchases, travel, and pay bills.
- However, not all people can get an RCBC credit card.
- There are restrictions on age, income, and other reasons for refusal. In this case, a Digido loan will help you.
- Digido works 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. It is very convenient!
Table of Contents
Rizal Commercial Banking Corporation is one of the oldest and most trusted banks in the Philippines. It was established in 1960 and is owned by a bigger group called Yuchengco Group of Companies or YGC. YGC in itself is a big conglomerate of insurance and non-insurance products. As it stands, RCBC has one of the best offers for credit lines in the country, specifically for credit cards. But what are the types of cards that you can get and what are the interest rates? Today, you will learn everything there is about the RCBC credit card.
RCBC Credit Card Requirements
The official name of any RCBC credit card is Bankard. However, there are several types:
🟣 RCBC Flex Visa with no annual fee,
🟣 RCBC Flex Gold Card and
🟣 RCBC Classic Card. But first, let us talk about the requirements before you can get one.
As far as the eligibility is concerned, you have to meet the following conditions:
- You have to be at least 21 years old;
- You must be a Filipino citizen;
- You must have an annual salary of at least ₱180,000 if you are an employee in the BPO industry;
- You must already have a credit card from other banks;
- You must have a landline phone either at home or in the office.
If you meet these conditions, you are now eligible to continue with your RCBC credit card application.
The next step is to complete the documentary requirements. All applicants must submit their filled-out application form.
If you are employed, you must prepare the following documents:
- Income Tax Return or payslip from your employer;
- An identification card issued by the government.
You must also submit a Certificate of Employment that is duly signed by your HR representative. Now, if you are self-employed, the requirements are the same. But since you have no employer, you must submit proof of your income. Specifically, this refers to your tax returns or ITR that is duly signed by the Bureau of Internal Revenue. On some occasions, the bank may ask you for other things, like proof of billing and proof of citizenship.
- 0% interest for first loan
- 1 valid ID only
- No guarantor needed
How Can I Avail My RCBC Credit Card?
You can get the RCBC credit card online or in person. If you want to apply online, the first thing you have to do is to download the form, fill it out, and then give it to a bank representative. The other method is to fill out the application online.
The online application is easy to follow, as you only need to answer some basic questions about yourself. Once you have submitted the application online, the next step is to wait for further instructions from the bank. They will either call you or send you an email on how to proceed.
Our advice is that you should not apply if you do not meet the eligibility requirements. Also, do not apply if you do not have the documents ready yet.
Wait for a week for the results. If you want to know about your RCBC credit card application status, you can always give the RCBC credit card hotline a call.
Is the RCBC Credit Card Secure?
Yes, the credit cards issued by RCBC are safe and secure. There are many card types you can choose from, and the four types of cards are Mastercard, VISA, JCB, and UnionPay. These are all big names in the credit industry, so you may rest assured that there are many safety precautions to protect you, your money, and your identity.
Once you receive your card, just go to the website of RCBC and read how to activate an RCBC credit card. You can activate it via SMS or by calling. The card envelope comes with a code, and you need to supply that info to the verification and activation system.
→ Learn more about Personal Loans without credit check
RCBC Credit Card Charges and Fees
Now, let’s take a look at the fees that you would incur if you get a credit card from RCBC.
- Principal card annual fee – the cost of this is ₱1,500 per year;
- RCBC supplementary card fee – also paid annually, the cost is ₱750 per year;
- Monthly interest rate is 3.50%;
- The interest rate for retail is 3.55%;
- Cash advance interest rate is 3.56%;
- Returned check fee is ₱1,000;
- Invoice retrieval fee is ₱150;
- The card replacement fee is ₱500;
- Cash advance fee is 3% or ₱500, whichever is higher;
- Late payment fee is ₱400;
- Pre-termination of installment plans is 5% of the unpaid amount or higher;
- Gaming and casino fees are 5% of the transaction or ₱1,000, whichever is higher.
There are many more fees, but these are the most important ones that you need to know about. Let us clarify some of the fees. On some occasions, you can avail of the RCBC credit card with no annual fee. You can waive the annual fee for you and your supplementary card if you meet what is called minimum purchase requirements.
The gambling fee is what you pay if you deposit money into an online gambling facility. The cost is 5% of your deposit to the casino, or ₱1,000, whichever is higher. The fee is high to discourage gamblers from participating.
The card replacement fee is what you pay if you have lost your card or if you want a new one because the one you have is expired. For the pre-termination, this is a fee you pay if you bought an appliance on installment, and then you decided to pay it in full.
Need money right away? Calculate your pre-approved loan amount with Digido calculator:
→ Learn more about Quick Loan For Unemployed
Types of RCBC Credit Cards
- Visa Infinite Card
• RCBC Visa card that you can use for shopping in international locations.
• Get a 5% rebate for clothing purchases internationally
• Get a Complimentary Priority Pass
• Get insurance for international travel of up to 1 million
- Visa Platinum
• RCBC bankard cards like this give you a faster way to earn free flights
• Get MILES points for your purchase which you can swap later for plane tickets
• Have access to VIP airport lounges
• Get travel coverage up to ₱5 million
- World Mastercard
• It is one of the RCBC premium cards for esteemed clients
• You get access to Mastercard Moments; it is a program where you get special offers
• Get international travel insurance up to ₱1 million
- Black Card Platinum Mastercard
• This is a card for people of high status in their careers
• You can get the card in peso or USD
• There is no expiration for the rewards point
• Travel insurance is international up to ₱1 million
- Diamond Card Platinum Mastercard
• It is one of the RCBC Bankard classic cards where you automatically donate to a cause
• Your donation is ₱0.10 for every purchase you make worth ₱100
• Rewards Points do not expire
• Travel insurance is international up to ₱1 million
- JCB Platinum
• It is the RCBC JCB credit card
• Earn more rewards points if you make purchases in Japan
• Get a free pass to more than 50 airport lounges
• Get access to 24/7 concierge desk for any card-related problems
- Hexagon Club
• It is a premium credit card called RCBC Hexagon credit card
• The rewards points do not expire
• Travel insurance is international up to ₱1 million
• Get automatic membership to the Hexagon Club where you get free life insurance coverage
- YGC Rewards Plus Program
• It is tied with your RCBC deposit bank account
• Get more points as you deposit more
• You also get points if you pay insurance in the Malayan insurance company
- UnionPay Diamond Card
• It is a card that is ideal for people who travel to China
• Double your rewards points if you go to China
- Flex Gold Visa
• Great for young professionals
• You get two times rewards points if you pay for grocery, gas, and purchase in department stores, household appliances, and travel
• You get access to free budget monitoring tools
- Gold Card
• Great for individuals who are now earning a lot as it has a higher credit limit
• The rewards points do not expire
• Get rewards points for all purchases
• Pay your bills with it and get rewards points
- Flex Visa
• You get points for dining, buying clothes, and traveling
• The rewards points are flexible
• You get access to budget monitoring tools
- Classic Card
• This card gives points for all kinds of purchases
• Like other cards, you get access to fee budget monitoring tools
• You can convert straight purchases into installment
There are many more cards from RCBC. In total, they offer 22 types of cards. If you want to compare RCBC credit cards, just head on to the bank’s website. You can also apply for a card from their website.
→ All about fast loan approval with no credit check
RCBC Card Requirements
To get an RCBC credit card, you need to apply online or in person (like the BDO credit card and other). You need to provide your personal information, such as your name, date of birth, and etc. Then, you must submit your documents.
They will look for the following:
• TIN/GSIS/SSS ID
• Valid ID
• Proof of employment or income
To continue with the RCBC credit card online application, you have to record a video of yourself. It is proof that you are who you say you are—that you are a real person.
During the application, you can also apply for an RCBC supplementary card. An RCBC Bankard supplementary card is an extra credit card that someone in your family can use—the credit limit is shared with the original card, which is yours.
How to Check RCBC Credit Card Application Status
You will receive updates from the bank through your email. If you want, you can also call their hotline or send them an email. The phone number is +632 8888 1888, and the email address is email@example.com.
Although the employees cannot tell you exactly when your card will get released, they can at least tell you the status of whether it has already been approved or denied or shipped.
→ Do you know how to get a cash loans in an hour without bank account?
What is the RCBC Credit Card Annual fee?
It varies. Different cards have different annual fees. Some cards do not come with annual fees. For some cards, there is a minimum annual spend, so you do not need to pay the annual fee.
For example, for an RCBC credit card with no annual fee like Flex Gold Visa, you must use the credit card to pay between ₱20,000 and ₱30,000 in a year.
What is the RCBC Credit Card Interest Rate?
In most types of cards, the interest rate is 3.5%. It is the monthly effective interest rate. Below is an example of RCBC credit card interest computation.
• You owe: ₱10,000
• Interest per month is: ₱350
This interest does not include late payment charges yet. By the way, all of these are RCBC EMV cards that you can swipe or withdraw money from.
Always pay what you owe in time. Late payments reflect badly on your credit score. If you have a bad habit of paying your cards, the bank may not increase your credit limit.
→ Learn about In-Demand Jobs in the Philippines
How to Pay RCBC Credit Card
There are many payment channels where you can settle your debt. These are:
• RCBC Online Banking
• Auto-Debit Arrangement
Choose one that is most convenient and accessible for you. If you pay late, you will pay additional charges. Paying your debt is fast and easy. Just make sure you pay a few days before your due date because these transactions do not reflect in real-time.
If you are in a mall, you can also settle your bills. You can look for an RCBC branch near the mall or use other banking systems. Pawnshops that have tie-ups with Bayad Center also accept payment for your RCBC credit card settlement. You can only do it in RCBC and BDO ranches for dollar payments.
→ Learn about Multi-Purpose Loans in the Philippines
Who Can Get an RCBC Online Credit Card?
For as long as you meet the eligibility requirements, you can avail a credit card online. Let us take a closer look at these requirements.
- Proof of employment – you need to prove that you have the capacity to pay. Without this document, banks will not feel secure about your ability to borrow money and pay.
- Minimum annual income from 180,000 pesos – this only applies to people in the BPO industry. Many individuals in the BPO industry have a bad rap for borrowing money and not paying. This is the reason why banks use this amount as a basic requirement – many individuals do not earn as much. Those who do hold a better position in the company and are not likely to run away from their financial obligations.
- The presence of a landline phone – you need a landline phone, so they know where you really live. Preferably, the landline phone must be under your name. If you do not have one, you can use a phone in your office, but just make sure that the people who answer it do know who you are.
RCBC is a big bank, and they have learned so many things about what people can do as far as money lending is concerned. This is why they have seemingly strict requirements, especially about having a landline phone. In the Philippines, SIM cards are disposable, so it is a little difficult to approve a credit card application – the borrower can throw the SIM card away, and you can never find him again.
RCBC Credit Card Alternatives
As you can see, there are some eligibility requirements that you may not meet, and this is enough to prevent you from applying for a credit card from RCBC. The good news is that you have a choice – an alternative. The one we are talking about is called Digido. It is an online facility where you can borrow money. You will not be issued a credit card, but you will be given money.
How does it work?
Digido is an online lending company. All you have to do is to go to its website, and fill out the application form. Like other financial institutions, there are eligibility requirements.
1. You must between 21 and 70 years old;
2. You must be a Filipino citizen;
3. You must have a valid ID;
4. You must have a mobile number.
When applying, the Digido company will also ask you to provide some additional documents such as COE, ITR, Payslip, company ID, DTI. The good thing about Digido is that you do not have to go to their office in person. Everything is processed online. All you need to do is to scan copies of your documents and upload them on the Digido website.
The application is also fast. You can get approved in as fast as 24 hours. After that, you do not even have to go to the office to get the money. If you have a bank account, they will deposit the funds there. If you are not eligible for a credit card, even for the RCBC credit card promo, then you must certainly give Digido loans a try.
RCBC is a big bank that has a lot of financial products. It has with other financial institutions, so how to pay an RCBC credit card is not an issue. You can pay your debt online, and you only have to go to the RCBC credit card login area online to see your statement.
If you do not get approved, or if you do not meet the eligibility requirement, you must try Digido. It is the best alternative to credit cards – better than pawnshops and with less interest than major credit cards in the Philippines.Apply now
→ Useful information about payday short term loan
Disclaimer: This article was written based on information available to the writer at the time of publication and the article was published for promotional, reference, and educational purposes only. Nothing in the articles published in the website is intended to constitute legal or financial advice and users are advised to seek counsel from legal and financial professionals.
Likewise, rates or offers published in the websites are promotional marketing offers only and do not constitute any binding contract between the Corporation and the website users.While the writers and publishers of the articles in the website wrote the articles using credible information available to them at the time of publication, any changes or updates to the information presented in this article may not be reflected here.
Hence, users are enjoined to exercise appropriate diligence in using the data and information published in the website, and they are urged to study and compare it with other credible sources. Users understand that the writers, publisher, website owner and the Corporation are not liable for any damage or injury they sustained for their wrongful or erroneous use of the data or information written in the article and published in the website.
🟣 Is RCBC and Bankard the same?Bankard is an affiliate of RCBC.
🟣 What are the main types of RCBC cards?1. Flex Visa The card that will enable millenials to achieve their life goals. 2x Rewards points on two categories - choose from Dining, Clothing, Travel or Transportation Flexible Rewards redemption options 2. Gold Card The card for those moving up the ladder of success. Rewards points from all your purchases Free budget monitoring tools Convenient and rewarding bills payment 3. Classic Card For the young professionals enjoying financial independence Rewards points from all your purchases Convert straight purchases made anywhere to installment
🟣 How can I check my RCBC credit card balance online?To do so, send a text message to RCBCBANKARD BAL: "first 4 + last 4 digits of the card" and send it to 0919 1600402 using your RCBC registered cell phone number.
AllanFast and reliable. Kudos to this app. Thank you.5
JaypeeI am so thankful to this lending app. Its so nice to use plus their customer service is good. I always use this but sometimes I use to make a late payment but this app have a choices to extend it. Thank you, Digido.5
DanicaSuperb App. It is very easy and fast approval. it's my second loan since the last time. Very happy to apply for this app. Highly recommended.4
AzenVery fast and reliable source of money. Easy payment option also :)4
CherieI gave 5 star because it is very easy application and fastest loan to disburse a money unlike the other loan apps. Thank you Digido4