How to Apply for BPI Credit Card
Last updated: March 24, 2023
Written by: Joshua Morales | Reviewed by: Mark Anthony
- BPI Credit Card online banking is one of the amazing financial services in the Philippines.
- You can use your credit card to make purchases, travel, and pay bills.
- However, not all people can get an BPI credit card.
- There are restrictions on age, income, and other reasons for refusal. In this case, Digido loan will help you.
- You can get money in a bank account and make purchases online without leaving home.
A credit card is one of the best indicators of your financial success as an individual. Once you have one, it means that you are a trusted individual by financial institutions and are capable of borrowing and paying. Today, we will tell you everything you need to know about the BPI credit card – how to get it, what the requirements are, and if there are any better alternatives.
Types of BPI Bank Credit Card
There are many types of BPI credit cards. Below are some of the most marketed ones and what they are for.
- eCredit Card – not a physical card, but still a line of credit that you can use to make online purchases.
- Gold and Blue Mastercard – both have the same perks, like 1.85% forex conversion rate. You also get 1 point for every PHP 35 you spend, which you can swap for goodies later.
- VISA Signature – this one gives you higher points. You will get 1 point for every PHP 20 spent. You also have travel insurance up to 20 million PHP.
- Amore Platinum – you can get VISA or Mastercard for this. This card gives you between 1% and 3% rebate if you shop at participating outlets in Ayala Malls. You also get 5% off on Ayala Mall cinemas.
- Petron BPI Mastercard – this is a card for people who use gasoline. Petron is one of the leading gas stations in the Philippines. If you use this card, you will get a 3% rebate on fuel you paid for in any Petron gasoline station.
- Edge Mastercard – this is the card where you can easily get approved. However, you have to spend more money to get more points. You get one point for every PHP 50 you spend.
- SkyMiles – if you are a frequent traveller, you better apply for this card. For every PHP 45 you spend, you get 1 point called miles. Accumulate enough miles or points, and you can swap that for a plane ticket or travel stuff.
- BPI Family Credit Card – last but not the least card that offers a low-interest rate. You can also easily access instant cash from this credit card, and enjoy up to 36 months of paying for the money you borrowed.
As you can see, the BPI credit card is not just a way for you to borrow money and make purchases. All of them have different perks – bonuses you can use depending on your lifestyle and preferences.Apply now
→ Useful information about online personal loans for blacklisted peoples
Eligibility Criteria for a BPI Credit Card
To be able to apply for a credit card, you must be employed or have a business. You should be able to provide the documents to support your application.
You must also be a Filipino citizen and of legal age. The maximum age is 60 years. Corporations can also apply for credit cards and issue them to authorized representatives. If you are an authorized representative, you must be able to present a document from your employer as proof.
→ Also read Where Can I Get a Gadget Loan?
BPI Credit Card Requirements
Now, here are the application requirements.
ID and citizenship – you must submit a valid government ID like the ones mentioned below:
- Voter’s ID;
- SSS or GSIS ID;
- BIR or Tax Identification Number with the ID from BIR;
- Driver’s License or a license from the Professional Regulation Commission.
- Proof of Income – if you are employed, you must submit three months of payslip. If you are self-employed or if you have a business, you have submitted your latest income tax return. This is a document that you can get from BIR.
- If you are an overseas Filipino worker, you have to provide documents from your employer or your agency to complete the BPI credit card application.
Once you have all these documents ready, you have to sign the application form, and then submit it to the nearest BPI branch. One alternative is to download the form, fill it up, and then send the form via email. If you want, you can also mail the documents through snail mail in BPI’s head office. Take note that depending on the card you are applying for, BPI requires a different monthly salary. For example, if you want to apply for a Gold Mastercard, you must be able to prove that you are earning at least PHP 40,000 per month. If you want to know how to borrow in BPI, go to the official website of the bank.
* Interest payments are approximate. The final loan amount and interest rate must be confirmed in your loan agreement after loan approval.
→ Also read all about Easy Fast Loan Online
How to Pay BPI Credit Card
There are many ways to pay your credit card. The easiest way is to pay at the ATM.
There are other online methods that you can use, such as:
– Paymaya – an online payment processing system where you can pay your bills.
– Other banking systems – some banking systems have a partnership with BPI. You can use their online and mobile apps to pay your BPI card.
– Payment centres – you can also pay in person through BPI’s partners like Bayad Center, Cebuana Lhuillier, ECPAY, and SM Mall Payment Centers.
It is up to you to choose how you want to pay. Make sure that you pay your bills on time, or you will be charged a late fee of at least PHP 850.
→ Read how to get cash loans in 1 hour in the Philippines
BPI Credit Card Contact Number
There are two main methods to contact the BPI Credit Card Department. The first one is through the phone, the number is 889-100. The BPI credit card contact number is not toll-free, but they also have a number you can call where you do not get charged.
The toll-free BPI credit card hotline is 1-800-188-89100. You can only use the toll-free number if you have a landline from PLDT. If you are calling either from a mobile device or from abroad, the number to call is +632-889-1000.
BPI has no email address or chat. If you want to contact them via email, you have to use the contact form from the bank’s website. You can also call the hotline if you want to know your BPI credit card application status.Apply now
→ Learn about Fast Loan in 15 Minutes
Who Can’t Get a BPI Credit Card?
Now, even if BPI is a big banking institution, it still has to mitigate risks. What this means is that not everyone who applies for a credit card will get one.
Here are some reasons why a person cannot get a BPI credit card online or even in personal applications:
- You live more than 30 km away from the BPI branch. BPI covers only people that they can find; you have to live close to them because they cover certain jurisdictions.
- You can’t come to the office and sign documents. Even if you send your application via mail or email, you have to go to the office and sign the documents. They will need your photos, and these photos must match your face. This is a standard to prevent identity theft.
- Your annual income is less than 180,000 pesos. You must also meet an annual gross salary to ensure that you have the capacity to pay.
- You cannot provide documents to confirm employment. Since you are applying for a credit card, you need to prove you have a stable source of income from which you will derive your payment source.
→ Learn What is the minimum credit score for a personal loan?
BPI Credit Card Alternatives
As you can see, it can be a little tough to get approved for a credit card. It is a convenient piece of plastic that gives you access to easy cash when you need it. But if you do not get approved, one alternative that you can try is Digido.
Digido is an online loan facility. It is a great alternative because it is easy to get approved for a loan. It is a great choice if you need a personal loan, but not if you want to shop suddenly. For example, you may need extra cash to buy medicine or to go on vacation.
In this case, Digido is a dependable loan company. Suppose you cannot get a loan from a bank. You can get it from Digido. With Digido the application is online, and you will also get your funds online. You will also pay online.
Unlike banks, you do not have to appear in person. All you need to do is to submit your online application and the scanned copies of your documents. You will get approved in as short as 24 hours.
Like banks, you will still need to submit proof of income, and you will also need to prove your Filipino citizenship.
→ Learn about Multi-Purpose Loans in the Philippines
EdcelDigido is superb to the point of acing clients or customer needs for loan. The free choose of how many days you can pay and the payment extension is beyond compare. Although the interest is quite high but it will really compensate fast-pacing response. The agent were very responding and accomodating! I love Digido, Happy Chinese New Year ❤️5
JessicaDigido you saved my husband life. When i need the money the most, for hospital. Thank you.5
NormanThe process is very smooth and perfect! And would like to commend also the agent who evaluated me over the phone, she is so polite and very nice. Nice lending app and nice customer service! I would highly suggest this app to all of my friends and colleagues. Thank you!4
EdelynFast and efficient. Good service too. Low interest and longer time for payment terms. Highly recommended.5
JainVery reliable and fast approval. It helps a lot.5
Disclaimer: This article was written based on information available to the writer at the time of publication and the article was published for promotional, reference, and educational purposes only. Nothing in the articles published in the website is intended to constitute legal or financial advice and users are advised to seek counsel from legal and financial professionals.
Likewise, rates or offers published in the websites are promotional marketing offers only and do not constitute any binding contract between the Corporation and the website users.While the writers and publishers of the articles in the website wrote the articles using credible information available to them at the time of publication, any changes or updates to the information presented in this article may not be reflected here.
Hence, users are enjoined to exercise appropriate diligence in using the data and information published in the website, and they are urged to study and compare it with other credible sources. Users understand that the writers, publisher, website owner and the Corporation are not liable for any damage or injury they sustained for their wrongful or erroneous use of the data or information written in the article and published in the website.