Best Personal Loans with low Interest Rates in the Philippines 2023
Who can get a Digido loan?
- Fast personal loans can be used for various purposes, including for urgent needs.
- Digido provides perfect personal loans in the Philippines with 0% on the first loan
- You can get up to PHP 25,000 with just one government-issued ID in Digido
- The fastest personal loans you can get in as little as 30 minutes
A fast personal loan is a special kind of loan intended to help those who are in a bind and need a quick source of cash to pay off an emergency. Getting a personal loan can be completed in just a matter of minutes. In the Philippines, these types of loans are widely popular, and they are often sought after by individuals in urgent need of funds, especially when traditional banks have declined their loan applications.
- Take up to PHP 25,000 in only 30 minutes
- Get your first loan with 0% interest Rate
- 95% Approval Rate
So what kinds of emergencies are fast loans/personal loans usually great for? Fast money loans in Philippines can be used for any of the following:
- Medical Emergencies: Health problems always come at the wrong time, and it’s impossible to prepare for them. If you don’t have savings, a medical loan can cover your hospital bills. For example, buy expensive medicines.
- Paying Bills: If you’re having temporary difficulties paying your bills, an online personal loan Philippines can help. You can pay Meralco bills, Internet bills, and more.
- Wedding Expenses in the Philippines: A wedding is one of the most important events in a person’s life! But it is also one of the most expensive. You can have your dream prenup photoshoot, clothes, wedding reception and even your honeymoon with a wedding loan.
- Vacation Expenses: Make your dream vacation come true! Choose a beautiful place and relax in a luxury hotel. A vacation loan will allow you to relax and start work with fresh energy.
- Payment for Education: Not all families can provide their children with a decent education, because it takes a lot of money. There is a way out – an education loan. Your children will thank you!
- Home renovation: Make improvements, and renovate your home, because you can use a loan to do so.
- Appliance purchases: Allow yourself the appliances you’ve always dreamed of! You can get a phone loan or a TV loan, buy the best refrigerator, air conditioner, or tablet. Upgrade your gadgets and devices!
Note that in any application for a personal loan, it is important to assess if you can pay back the loan. You should only borrow an amount that you can comfortably return on schedule.
Get a Digido loan without Bank Account
Types of Personal Loans in Philippines
All personal loans are divided into 2 large groups: collateral and non-collateral. (2) Let’s see how they differ from each other.
- A type of loan that requires collateral. If the loan is not paid on time, there’s a chance the borrower can lose the collateral.
- A collateral is any item, e.g. a vehicle, you agree to give away to the lender if you fail to pay what you owed.
- As a collateral you can use the car, apartment, jewelry and other expensive property.
- This loan is a lot easier to get since there is less risk to the lender.
- This loan does not require collateral so there is no risk of losing the property.
- It can be difficult to get, depending on the company.
- It tends to have a higher interest rate.
- Digido offers personal loans with low interest rates in the Philippines without collateral so you don’t have to worry about losing the property.
We can see the great popularity of unsecured loans in the Philippines, because they are easier and more affordable for most citizens.
How to get easy Personal Loan from Digido ✅
One of the companies that give the best personal loans in the Philippines is Digido.
Digido is a licensed money lending service that handles quick approval and easy personal loans in the Philippines, the money lent is sent within minutes and you don’t have to stand in line and wait 5-7 days, unlike loans through banks.Apply now
What are Requirements for Digido borrowers?
Almost everyone in the Philippines can get a loan from Digido. To do it, you have to fulfil some simple requirements.
You can apply for a loan if:
- You are Filipino citizen
- You are Resident of the Philippines
- You are between between 21 – 70 years old
- You have an active mobile phone number
- You are officially employed or self-employed or have the status of a freelancer
- You have a valid government ID
How to Apply for Digido loans online Easily
Go to Digido’s website or mobile App to create your personal account.
- The first thing you need to do is enter the desired amount into the Digido Philippines personal loan calculator and fill in the field with your phone number. You can get up to 25,000 pesos. Then, you will receive an SMS message for registration
- Once you have created your account, you will be able to access an online section where you can upload your valid ID and personal information.
- Once your application is approved, you will get the money loan in the most convenient way for you in Philippines (bank account, e-wallet or remittance centers). Usually approval of the onliane loan application for Digido Philipines takes no more than half an hour!
The loan period varies from 7 to 30 days. Remember that the first time you borrow, you can only borrow up to 10,000 pesos for up to 7 days. But for the first loan you will not be charged any interest, and you will return exactly as much as you borrowed. You can find a sample of personal loan agreement on the official Digido website.
0% is the lowest interest on a Personal loan in the Philippines
Many people in the Philippines consider the interest rate when they apply for a loan. The interest rate plays a crucial role in deciding which loan to choose. A favorable interest rate for a personal loan is one that is lower than what most other lenders offer. It’s a good idea to compare all the loan offers available and pick the one that suits you best. Additionally, it’s worth noting that Digido has a special offer for new clients, which includes a 0% interest rate – a highly advantageous deal!Apply now
Benefits of Digido Personal Loans
Let’s talk about it and find out why people choose this company:
- Minimal Documents Needed
Typically, you’ll only be required one document to secure a quick loan from Digido, and that document is your government-issued ID. These IDs are widely accessible and held by nearly all citizens in some form. Various types of IDs fall under this category, so most Filipinos already fulfill this requirement. However, if you submit an extra document, your chances of approval increase. You can choose to provide either of these documents or both:
- Proof of billing – any document issued by utility companies like power, water, and internet service providers. These are just as universal as Government issued IDs if not more so.
- Company ID and payslip – For Filipinos who are underemployed these documents are given.
Loans with no requirements in the Philippines or loans that only have minimal requirements, are easily obtainable by most Filipinos in need of funds for emergencies.
- Easy cash loan Application in Philippines
All you need to get a loan from Digido is to fill out a simple questionnaire, specify your name, address, income amount and bank account number. This is enough to get a loan.
- Many Ways to Receive Cash form Personal Loan
Once you’ve filled out your personal information on the form, Digido’s automated service works in partnership with leading providers to ensure you can secure and repay the loan with maximum convenience. Get the money through bank transfer, remittance centre, 7-Eleven, offline branches, Dragonpay.
- Fast Approval
Loans of this nature are great for people who are in a bind and need the money quick. The best part of fast approval loans are the minimal requirements that are likely to be in the borrower’s possession already. Fast approval loans also are done electronically so money is sent rather quickly, almost instantly.
- Available for Freelancers
Not all banks are willing to lend to people who have no official place to work. It’s hard for freelancers in the Philippines to get a loan. But fast credit companies very often give loans to freelancers. All you have to do is specify the amount of your steady income, even if it is not official. Digido is one of the lending companies, apart from banks in the Philippines, that offers personal loans for freelancers where they can borrow cash for everything they need.
Loyalty Card in the Philippines
Fast Personal Loans Approval
A personal easy loan for Filipinos can be highly beneficial in various ways, especially given the current economic challenges in the country, such as a shortage of job opportunities and low incomes. Sometimes, there is a need to boost finances in the short term as emergency expenses can pop up at any time.
How fast can I get a Personal Loan from Digido?
Fast disbursement of easy personal loans is essential, as delays in receiving your salary can be problematic. Regardless of whether you’re facing an emergency or not, getting your cash without delay is always preferable.
Personal Loan applications in Philippines is done electronically and with minimal requirements which leads to loan requests being approved much faster than those requested from traditional banks. With Digido cash can be disbursed in 30 minutes after your application is processed!
People appreciate fast loans because they provide quick approval and transfer the needed funds to your account promptly.
Best Banks for Personal Loans in the Philippines
The best personal bank loan in the Philippines is one that offers the lowest interest rate. But, of course, the bigger the loan, the better.
In this article, we will show you which bank is best for personal loans in the Philippines and which bank gives personal loans easily in the Philippines. The factors we considered here are interest rates, amount of money you can loan, and the terms.
Which Bank is best for Personal loan in the Philippines
There are many banks in the Philippines that offers personal loan – like Metrobank, BDO personal loan, BPI personal loan, and Maybank. To answer which bank is best for personal loan in the Philippines and to illustrate their offers, please see the table we prepared below:
Banks in the Philippines that offers personal loans
|Citibank||Up to ₱2,000,000||1 to 5 years|
|HSBC||₱30,000 – ₱2,000,000||6 months to 36 months|
|BPI||₱20,000 – ₱3,000,000||12 to 36 months|
|Chinabank (CBS Easi-Funds)||₱20,000 – ₱1,000,000||Up to 36 months|
|Maybank||Up to ₱1,000,000||Up to 36 months|
|Security Bank (SB FInance)||₱30,000 – ₱2,000,000||12, 18, 24, 36 months|
|CIMB||Max ₱1,000,000||12 – 60 months|
For the interest rates, here is a sample calculation for personal loans amounting to ₱200,000:
|BANK||LOAN AMOUNT||INTEREST||MONTHLY PAYMENT||TERM||TOTAL PAID||TOTAL INTEREST|
|Chinabank (CBS Easi-Funds)||₱200,000||18.60%||₱19,766||12||₱237,192||₱37,192|
|Security Bank (SB Finance)||₱200,000||23.99%||₱20,666||12||₱247,992||₱47,992|
As illustrated above, for a personal loan of ₱200,000, the lowest personal loan rates in the Philippines is from CIMB. The CIMB personal loan interest rate is at 13.47%. Also, overall, the CIMB bank personal loan review in the Philippines is excellent.
The CIMB personal loan criteria  are the following::
- Must be at least 21 years old; at most must not be older than 65 years old upon loan maturity
- Must be a Philippine citizen and a non-US person
- Must have a Philippine mailing address and an active Philippine mobile number
- Minimum gross monthly income must be PHP 15,000
- If employed, must be tenured for at least 6 months, or 1 year of continuous employment, unless employed in the top 15,000 corporations or if salary crediting is under CIMB payroll account
- If self-employed, must be operating for at least 1 year
Before you can apply for a CIMB personal loan, you must sign a form and send a photocopy of your ID. You must also send a copy of your payslips that were issued in the last two months. If you are self-employed, you need to provide a copy of the same documents, but they need a copy of your BIR Form 1701 .
How to Get Fast loan in 1 Hour
Banks that offer personal loans with low Interest rate in Philippines
As mentioned, the bank with the lowest interest rate for personal loans in the Philippines is CIMB, closely followed by HSBC and BPI.
Here are the personal loans interest rates in Philippines for these three banks:
- CIMB – 13.47%
- BPI – 14.40%
- HSBC – 14.64%
CIMB Bank, BPI and HSBC offer personal loans with a low-interest rate in the Philippines. The convenience of a CIMB Personal Loan is that you can easily apply for it online. For BPI and HSBC, you need to go to the branch to send your requirements and to facilitate an assessment.
Some people may suggest Metrobank, but this bank has already stopped their personal loan offer. Personal banking in Metrobank is for savings and checking accounts. You may no longer find the Metrobank personal loan application requirements or the Metrobank personal loan calculator from their website.
The same thing goes with PNB or Philippine National Bank. There are no more details about the PNB personal loan calculator or PNB personal loan requirements because they no longer offer personal loans in the Philippines.
Payday Lenders in the Philippines
What kind of Personal Loan Application will Banks Approve
You can use personal loans in the Philippines in any way you want. Once you apply, you can apply for the following:
- Home repair
- Medical reasons
- Travel expenses
- Special occasions (wedding, graduation expenses)
You can also use your loans for buying equipment or for consolidating debts. However, you cannot use personal loans to buy a car as there are different car loan offerings for some banks.
Which bank’s Personal Loan offer can I check out first?
Which bank gives personal loans easily in the Philippines? Here are some banks that you can check for personal loans. Take note that the approval process varies from one bank to another.
Chinabank has a personal loan called CBS Easi-Funds and the interest rate is 18.6%, payable in 12 months. If your term tenure is longer (they offer up to 36 months), the Chinabank personal loan calculator will indicate that you will pay a higher interest rate.
Take a look at this table for the sample computation of a Chinabank personal loan:
|LOAN AMOUNT||INTEREST||MONTHLY PAYMENT||TERM||TOTAL PAID||TOTAL INTEREST|
At the outset, Maybank personal loan in the Philippines has an interest of 15.5%. There is no personal loan calculator available online, but they offer an interest rate as low as 1.3% per month.
Citibank offers flexible terms and up to ₱2,000,000 in personal loans. As you can see on the table below, the interest for a Citibank personal loan can reach up to 34% if you avail a long term personal loan in the Philippines or pay longer than one year.
|LOAN AMOUNT||INTEREST||MONTHLY PAYMENT||TERM||TOTAL PAID||TOTAL INTEREST|
Citibank’s personal loan review in the Philippines is great primarily due to their excellent customer service. Although the interest rate for this loan is relatively higher than the others on the list, it may be a viable option for individuals who have faced loan disapproval from other banks.
Applying for a Citibank Personal loan is easy and you can check your Citibank personal loan status as you can call them anytime. If you are interested, you can use the Citibank personal loan calculator on their website.
Motorcycle Loan in the Philippines
Security Bank (SB Finance)
The last on the list is Security Bank, which offers about 22% interest for a 12-month term with SB Finance, the consumer finance arm of Security Bank Corporation.Like other banks in the Philippines, they increase the interest for long term personal loan in the Philippines, as shown in the table below:
|LOAN AMOUNT||INTEREST||MONTHLY PAYMENT||TERM||TOTAL PAID||TOTAL INTEREST|
The Security Bank personal loan interest rate in the Philippines is at 45.44% if you opt to pay for two years or 24 months. Like Citibank, you can call their facilities to check your personal loan status. Applying for a personal loan is easy, too, and the requirements are the same. You can download the Security Bank personal loan application form from their website.
Things to consider first when applying for a bank personal loan
Before applying for a personal loan, there are several important factors to consider:
- Financial Need: Determine why you need the loan. Is it for a specific purpose like debt consolidation, home improvement, medical expenses, or a major purchase? Understanding your needs will help you decide how much to borrow. Some lenders may ask about the purpose of the loan. Be prepared to explain how you intend to use the funds.
- Credit Score: Check your credit score and credit report. Lenders use your credit history to assess your creditworthiness. A higher credit score usually results in better loan terms and lower interest rates. Understand that taking out a personal loan affects your credit score. Make sure you are prepared for the potential impact, both positive (if you make timely payments) and negative (if you miss payments).
- Interest Rates: Compare interest rates from various lenders. A lower interest rate can save you money over the life of the loan. Consider whether you want a fixed or variable interest rate.
- Loan Term: Decide on the loan term or duration. Shorter terms typically come with higher monthly payments but lower overall interest costs, while longer terms offer lower monthly payments but higher interest costs over time. Carefully read and understand the loan agreement, including the terms and conditions, interest rate, repayment schedule, and any fine print.
- Monthly Payment Affordability: Assess your monthly budget to ensure you can comfortably make loan payments. Avoid taking on a loan that strains your finances. Understand the lender’s repayment terms, including the frequency of payments (e.g., monthly, bi-weekly), and the method of payment.
- Alternative Options: Don’t rush into the first loan offer you receive. Compare multiple offers from different lenders to find the one that best suits your needs and financial situation. Explore other financing options such as online lending companies before committing to a bank personal loan.
Taking the time to consider these factors can help you make an informed decision and choose the best personal loan in the Philippines that aligns with your financial goals and circumstances.
In-Demand Jobs in the Philippines
How can I get а quick Personal Loan?
Now that we have identified the banks with the lowest interest rates for a personal loan in the Philippines, let’s answer how you can apply for one. Despite the availability of personal loans with fast approval in the Philippines, there are still certain requirements needed to obtain a quick online loan.
The great thing about these requirements is that borrowers may already have one or more of them, making them well-prepared when applying for a personal loan in the Philippines with minimal documentation needed.
- Company ID – If the borrower is already employed, there’s a huge chance he or she already has a company-issued ID. The reason for needing this is that personal loan lenders in the Philippines also need to assess if the borrower is capable of paying the loan back.
- Government-issued ID – This ID is given whether the borrower works in government or not or whether the person is employed or not, chances are the borrower already possesses some kind of ID under this category. Examples of ID’s are: Voter’s ID, TIN ID, Postal, Passport, Driver’s ID, and others. When used for applying for a loan, at least 2 IDs may be required along with another document.
- Payment Slip – For employed borrowers, payment slips or payslips are automatically provided when salaries are distributed, whether in physical paper or via email. These slips can also serve as valuable proof of a person’s employment history.
- Proof of Billing – Statement of accounts or receipts when paying for utilities are useful so never throw them away. When applying for a loan these are going to be asked for.
The requirements mentioned are usually requested from individuals who have jobs. But what about individuals who own businesses? Here’s a list of what business owners might need to provide if they’re looking to apply for a personal loan:
- Business Permit / DTI Registration – Business owners are expected to have these documents along with others like sanitation and fire permits so these also come as a given.
- Income Tax Returns – When paying taxes, these forms are filled up and copies should be kept safe in a cabinet somewhere at all times.
- Financial Statement – These are important documents that detail the daily activities of the business and how money is spent. This is typically reviewed by government agencies, accountants, firms, and others. On the part of money-lending services like Digido, this can be used to assess if the borrower can pay back the amount loaned.
Alternatives to Bank loans in the Philippines
Getting a personal loan in the Philippines can be a complex process. It involves various requirements and the possibility of not being approved. However, if you encounter rejection, there are alternative options available:
- Online loans – many online facilities can loan you up to ₱25,000. Download apps from trusted lending companies like Digido and apply completely online.
- Pawnshops – get a loan in exchange for collateral. You can pawn your jewelry or other valuable items to get cash in return.
- Private Lenders – some personal lenders in the Philippines will charge a small interest rate with no collateral required; just remember to beware of loan sharks.
As always, make sure that you pay your loan on time. Follow your personal loan agreement in the Philippines with your loan provider. It will help you build a good credit score, and you can file for a higher loan amount next time.
In summary, finding the right personal loan in the Philippines involves careful assessment of your financial needs and evaluating loan terms from different lenders. Begin by understanding your creditworthiness and determining your borrowing requirements. Then, take the time to compare interest rates, fees, and repayment conditions offered by trustworthy lenders while ensuring your ability to comfortably manage monthly payments.
You can explore a range of options, including well-established banks and online lending platforms, each offering its own set of benefits. Stay vigilant against potentially predatory lenders, and always thoroughly review the loan terms before committing. Ultimately, the ideal personal loan should align with your financial objectives and budget, allowing you to meet your goals without unnecessary financial strain. It’s crucial to borrow responsibly and maintain good financial habits by ensuring punctual loan repayments.
Disclaimer: This article was written based on information available to the writer at the time of publication and the article was published for promotional, reference, and educational purposes only. Nothing in the articles published in the website is intended to constitute legal or financial advice and users are advised to seek counsel from legal and financial professionals.
Likewise, rates or offers published in the websites are promotional marketing offers only and do not constitute any binding contract between the Corporation and the website users.While the writers and publishers of the articles in the website wrote the articles using credible information available to them at the time of publication, any changes or updates to the information presented in this article may not be reflected here.
Hence, users are enjoined to exercise appropriate diligence in using the data and information published in the website, and they are urged to study and compare it with other credible sources. Users understand that the writers, publisher, website owner and the Corporation are not liable for any damage or injury they sustained for their wrongful or erroneous use of the data or information written in the article and published in the website.
Note: The information presented in the tables is subject to change and borrowers are advised to contact their chosen bank/ financial entity directly for the updated information
Which online lending app can I loan money from in the Philippines?You can get a quick personal loan from Digido. It takes a few minutes to a few hours and the money will be in your pocket
Is Digido Legit?Yes, Digido is legit. It has SEC Registration No. CS201730459 and Certificate of Authority No. 1150.
Who is eligible for a loan from Digido?You must be a Filipino citizen 21-70 years old with a cell phone and stable income, and show a government ID.
What are the minimum and maximum loan amounts from Digido for new customers?New customers can borrow from 1,000 to 10,000 pesos.
What is the minimum and maximum loan amount from Digido for repeat customers?Repeat customers can borrow from 1,000 to 25,000 pesos.
What is the minimum and maximum loan amount from Digido for new customers?New customers can borrow from 7 to 15 days.
What is the minimum and maximum loan term from Digido for repeat customers?Repeat customers can borrow for a period of 7 to 30 days.
What is the exact monthly interest rate for a cash loan from Digido day new customers?New customers can take out a loan at 0%.
What is the exact monthly interest rate for a cash loan from Digido of repeat customers day?For repeat customers the interest rate depends on the loan term and amount, but doesn't exceed 1.5% per day.
How long does it take to process a loan application?You will receive an answer in 5 minutes.
How do I know if I'm approved for a loan?This information will be displayed in your personal cabinet on Digido.
Can I borrow less or more than the limit?You can borrow less than the limit, but not more.
I was approved for the loan, when do I get the money?The money is sent as soon as the contract is signed. The speed at which the money arrives depends on your bank and is between 1 and 2 days. For Cebuana Cash Pick-up and G-cash, the transfer does not exceed 24 hours on business days.
Will my credit limit increase with a new loan?Digido will increase your limit automatically as soon as you repay the loan.
What should I do if I get turned down for a loan?If you have always made loan payments on time, there may be an error. Try to fill out the application again and submit it. The more personal information you provide, the more likely your application will be approved.
Can I cancel the online loan application in the Philippines?This can only be done until the contract is signed.
Can I pay the loan prematurely?You can do this at any time. This will reduce the amount you have to pay.
How can I know the repayment date?You can only refuse the loan until you have signed the loan agreement.
What are some alternatives to bank personal loans?Getting a personal loan in the Philippines can be challenging with various requirements and the possibility of rejection. However, you have alternative options: explore pawn shops where you can exchange collateral, like jewelry, for cash, or seek out reputable private lenders who offer loans with reasonable interest rates while being cautious of loan sharks. Safest is to consider online loans through SEC-registered lending companies’ mobile apps like Digido and get cash up to ₱25,000
ArnoldIt was a very good transaction, fast disbursement and no interest for first time loan. Thank you Digido!5
ArwelVery nice online application deserved a 5 star rate. Easy to fill up and very fast disbursement once your application is approved. Very helpful during this pandemic with low interest. The agent is friendly and professional to approach. I highly recommend this legit online app.5
ShariffaVery nice and friendly Customer Service. I borrowed 2x already and i never had a hard time. Just always remember to pay on time.4
AlejandroIf you're wondering where can i loan money in the Philippines, let me tell you about Digido! They are amazing! I was in a tough spot and needed cash fast, and Digido came to the rescue. Applying was a breeze, and within 20 minutes, the money was in my bank account. Digido is the answer to your financial needs!5
FredericoOne of the best Loan App, reliable, quick cash disbursement and they also give you alternative plan option to settle your debt, so far I'm satisfied with it 😊👍5
AndangGoood! I want to share my wonderful experience with Digido, the best personal loan in Philippines! They made the loan process so easy and convenient. I just provided my ID and a few other documents, and within 10 minutes, the money was in my bank account. Digido truly understands the financial struggles of ordinary Filipinos!5
CharieAmazing! So easy to loan and approval is very fast only a minute. That's why I rate this with 5 stars.4
SantosHello, kababayans! Digido - the go-to place for the best personal loan in the Philippines! Applying for a loan was easy - just one ID and a few documents. They even gave me my first loan for free! I recommend Digido!5
ReyesI recently tried Digido for a personal loan Philippines, and I must say, it was easy process. The approval was quick, and the funds were deposited into my account promptly. I appreciate Digido for their friendly service and customer care when it comes to loan applications. If you're in need of a loan in the Philippines, Digido is definitely worth considering.4