How To Transfer Money From BDO To GCash
Last updated: October 26, 2022
- Sending money from your bank account to a GCash account is as easy as 1-2-3.
- Is a lot more convenient than going directly to the bank.
- Just follow the instructions on how to send money from your BDO account to a GCash.
It is now very easy and convenient to top up or receive money on your GCash account straight from a bank account. No need to fill out physical forms or go to bank branches anymore! Transactions can be done through bank websites and apps, and they can be fulfilled in real time. These transactions are guaranteed to be safe and secure. That way, you don’t have to worry about losing your money or getting the recipient wrong!
In this blog post, we will teach you how to transfer money from your BDO account to your GCash account, how to link your BDO account to your GCash wallet, and how much is the GCash transfer charge per BDO transaction!
The meaning of GCash for Filipinos
Filipinos have been steadily going cashless for quite some time now, with the pandemic putting the cashless “revolution” into high gear. The speed, security and convenience of doing cashless transactions have definitely cemented Filipinos’ trust on online banking apps and e-wallets, even among those who have had little experience with these apps before.
GCash is arguably the most well-known e-wallet in this country. Although it had been growing steadily before COVID-19 happened, GCash became more widespread during the pandemic as people sent money, paid their bills, and made payments from the comfort of their homes. And who can blame them? It’s easy to set up a GCash account: using your smartphone and mobile number (and government-issued ID if you’d like to have a verified account), you can have a working GCash account in minutes.
GCash has become so ubiquitous that large and small businesses alike have adopted the app as an acceptable mode of payment, from established department stores to your neighborhood sari-sari stall.
As with every other e-wallet, GCash allows for seamless cash-in and cash-out through online bank transfers. That means a user can send money to your GCash wallet, and you can then transfer that amount to your bank account. The same can be done with topping up your GCash wallet through a banking app. These can be done in real-time so no need to wait for x number of banking days for your money to arrive!
GCash accepts real-time cash-in and money transfers to almost all Philippine banks, including major ones such as BDO, BPI, Metrobank, RCBC, and Security Bank. For a small convenience fee, you can top up your GCash wallet with funds coming from your linked bank account. You don’t have to go to the bank and fill out a deposit slip anymore!Apply now
How to transfer money from BDO
Before anything else, you must ensure that you have a BDO online banking account and/or have the BDO app installed on your phone. It also helps if you have a fully verified GCash account to take advantage of high transfer amount limits.
If you don’t have a BDO online banking account yet, go to BDO website and have your BDO account enrolled.
How to transfer money from BDO to GCash via the BDO mobile app
1. Open your BDO mobile app and log in using your user ID and password.
2. Tap “Send money” located at the app’s home screen. Scroll down then choose “to another local bank”. When prompted, select “GCash” from the options.
3. Select “proceed without a template” when prompted.
4. For transaction type, select “credit to other bank”.
5. Choose the BDO account that you’ll get the money from. The money can come from your savings or checking account, or your cash card.
6. Indicate the amount that you’d like to send.
7. Select “GCash” from the list of destination banks.
8. Type the GCash number of the recipient.
9. Provide the following information about the recipient: last name, first name, middle initial, mobile number, and purpose of transaction.
10. Indicate the purpose of the transaction in the “template description” section.
11. Check the details of the transaction then press “confirm”.
12. You will be shown the transaction details in a new screen. Once reviewed, select “continue”.
13. You will be shown a confirmation message telling you that the transaction was successful. You can screenshot this page for future reference.
But what if you don’t have the BDO Mobile app installed on your phone? Don’t worry – you can still send money to your GCash account using the BDO Online Banking page!
How to transfer money from BDO to GCash with BDO Online Banking
1. Go to the BDO online banking websit. Enter your user ID and password.
2. You will be sent a one-time password (OTP) through SMS or you can generate an OTP via the BDO Mobile App. Once received, enter the OTP then click proceed.
3. Go to the Navigate menu then click “Send Money”. Choose “to another local bank” from the list of options.
4. Select “proceed without a template” and click next.
5. Type in your details in the sender details form (account to transfer from, destination bank, and destination account number) and the amount that you’d like to transfer.
6. Select “Gcash” from the list of destination banks and key in the recipient’s GCash account number in the destination account number field.
7. Scroll down and fill out the recipient’s detail form (receiver name, mobile number, and purpose of transaction). Click “submit” afterwards.
8. You will be shown a summary of the transaction in a new window. Review the details and click “Continue”.
9. Enter the OTP sent to your phone or through the BDO Mobile App generator then click Submit.
10. You will be shown a confirmation message along with a reference number and transaction details. You can screenshot this page or write down the reference number for safekeeping.
Take note that the BDO to GCash transfer charge is Php 25. BDO will charge this amount for every successful transaction.Apply now
Sending money from your bank account to a GCash account is as easy as 1-2-3. With just a few taps on your smartphone or laptop, you can now send much-needed funds to any GCash account in the country, anytime and anywhere.
No need to go outside and waste precious time lining up in a bank, filling out deposit slips or transfer forms, and waiting for x number of banking days just for the money to reflect on the recipient’s account. You can send and receive your money in real time!
Transferring money from a BDO account to a GCash account may not be as straightforward as, let’s say, a BPI-to-GCash transaction, but it can still be done. It may take quite a few more steps, including logging in to your BDO app or BDO online banking account instead of cashing-in directly through the GCash app. But it is still worth the try and is still a lot more convenient than going directly to the bank.
Just follow the instructions on how to send money from your BDO account to a GCash account that we have outlined above and you’ll be able to send and receive money in real time!
MemeThe process is very smooth and perfect! And would like to commend also the agent who evaluated me over the phone, she is so polite and very nice. Nice lending app and nice customer service! I would highly suggest this app to all of my friends and colleagues. Thank you!5
NormanFast and easy to apply, got approve right away and there is no interest in first loans, I am a happy client here.5
IrvinFast and easy! Thank you for helping us. Two thumbs up!5
NiyellCustomer Service agents are courteous and polite. They extend assistance to resolve issues.4
JaypeeI am so thankful to this lending app. Its so nice to use plus their customer service is good. I always use this but sometimes I use to make a late payment but this app have a choices to extend it. Thank you, Digido.4
Quick Loan for just 1 ID!
In this article, you will learn how to transfer money from BDO to GCash account and get step-by-step instructions. Yyou can borrow up to 25,000 pesos in Digido. 15 minutes and you have the money!