AUB Credit Card Guide in the Philippines
Last updated: August 17, 2023
- AUB Credit Card online banking is one of the amazing financial services in the Philippines.
- You can use your credit card to make purchases, travel, and pay bills.
- However, not all people can get an AUB credit card.
- There are restrictions on age, income, and other reasons for refusal. In this case, Digido loan will help you.
- Digido works 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. It is very convenient!
According to statistics, there are 1.12 billion credit cards in circulation worldwide and the number is expected to grow. That’s not all, research further states that there are 10,000 credit cards used every second – this seems unbelievable but it is true.
On the other hand, in the Philippines, there are 6.9 million credit cards issued and over 3 million credit cardholders. This shows people are embracing the cashless method to shop, pay for utility bills, and vacation. However, the number is expected to grow rapidly due to the pandemic.
The World Health Organization has advised people to shift to the cashless paying methods to stop the spread of the COVID-19 virus. For this reason, Asian United Bank has stepped up in the fight against COVID-19. The bank is providing AUB credit cards for its consumers. They have even improved their online services to ensure your needs are met.
About Asian United Bank (AUB)
The institution was established on October 3rd, 1997 and it is registered under the Securities and Exchange Commission. It’s one of the banks in the Philippines to have been granted a full-branch license in 1997. This proved the firm is legit and can be trusted to provide high-quality services to their clients.
In 2012, the institution obtained approval from the Bangko Sentral ng Philipinas. The permit allowed AUB to expand its commercial banking status. The financial institution continued to make bold moves in the Philippines’ economy. This is seen in 2013 when they joined the league of Philippines banks which have been publicly listed.
Besides commercial banking, AUB also deals with financial advisory, project financing, direct equity investment, securities underwriting and trading, loan syndication among others. However, one of their best services is the AUB credit card online banking.
→ Useful information on blacklisted online loans
Types of AUB Credit Cards
The bank launched its first credit card in 2015 which is known as the AUB Easy MasterCard. This is one of the best credit cards in the Philippines. What makes the credit card unique is the fact that you can choose exactly how often, when, and how much to pay. Yes, it is that flexible, and there is no annual membership fee for life. The bank has ensured all its clients are well-taken care of. This is why they are providing you with four MasterCard packages you can choose from. Each of the credit cards comes with its benefits. Let’s break it down to understand more when making your AUB credit card online application.
AUB Classic MasterCard
– For every PHP 20 you spend, you’ll earn one reward point;
– The MasterCard comes with no annual fee for life and interest on new purchases;
– The card allows you to choose how many times to pay per month and the minimum due is as low as PHP 250 weekly which is affordable;
– The minimum due can be made once or twice a month or even weekly.
AUB Easy MasterCard
– The card has a flexible payment terms and the minimum due is PHP 1,000 weekly;
– When using the card to pay a bill or even shop, for PHP 20 spent, you’ll earn one reward point;
– To cater to your needs as a consumer, you can make payments once or twice a month or even per week.
→ Also read all about Easy Digido cash loan
AUB Gold MasterCard
– There is no annual membership fee required though, the minimum due can only be paid monthly;
– Plus the card can be used abroad and for every transaction done outside the country, you’ll earn 2x reward points;
– The amazing thing is that the reward points can be transferred to Mabuhay Miles.
AUB Platinum MasterCard
– The platinum card has no annual membership fee needed. However, when it comes to the minimum credit limit due it can be paid monthly;
– The card comes with 2x reward points for every transaction done abroad;
– Plus the reward points can be transferred to Mabuhay Miles and no annual fee.
Can I withdraw cash from AUB credit card?You can withdraw cash from your AUB Credit Card using the "CashOut Installment Program". You can pay them for goods and services at businesses that do not accept credit cards, such as housing contractors, travel agencies, dental clinics, auto parts and other similar transactions.
How do I check my AUB credit card balance?Login to the official AUB website in your personal cabinet, select the Credit Cards section and there you will see your balance.
How do I activate my AUB credit card?Log in to the Credit Cards section of the official AUB website. Click on "AUB credit card online banking" and select "Register". Then provide all the necessary data and follow the instructions.
5 Steps of Applying for an AUB Credit Card
Here are the steps to follow when making an AUB credit card application. The steps are the following:
I. Selecting the right AUB Credit Card
AUB Bank offers you four types of credit cards that you can choose from: Easy, Classic, Gold, and Platinum. Each of the cards comes with their benefits. In the previous section, we talked about the cards and their benefits. Hence, we recommend going through them and selecting one that fits your needs.
The best way to pick one that fits your needs is by comparing the different cards. Look at the benefits and needs each MasterCard presents and meets.
- Easy MasterCard: is fit for people who are low monthly income or semi monthly income earners and lack dependants;
- Classic MasterCard is good for breadwinners, married couples, or even parents with low-income;
- Gold card: is ideal for middle monthly income earners who travel frequently;
- Platinum card: is perfect for upper-income earners who travel frequently.
Once, you have evaluated your options and decided which card meets your needs and wants, you move to the next step.
→ Also read all about Alternative to Phone Loan
II. Prepare the AUB Credit Card Requirements
There are certain requirements that one should meet to qualify for a credit card. These requirements include age and other legal documents. For the credit card request to be approved, the documentation provided must be legal and correct. For example, there should be no mistakes in your credit report. If the bank notices a red flag in your application you won’t receive the card.
III. Submitting the AUB Credit Card application
When it comes to submitting your application, the AUB Bank offers you three official channels. You could choose to walk into your nearest branch and hand in your application. The other option would be visiting www.aub.com and submit your application with just a click of a button.
On the other hand, you can call the AUB customer service hotline (02) 8282-8888 or 1-800-10-282-888. However, the most preferred method is through their website which is faster and can be accessed on time. As long as you have a smartphone or a laptop and an Internet connection you are good to go.
IV. Checking Your Credit Card Status
After you have submitted your application successfully, you can begin to check for your credit card status. The AUB credit card application takes about 14 banking days. This starts from the day you have handed in your application. The bank will then go through your application and send a text notification regarding your credit status.
However, one can still keep tabs on their credit status through the AUB card delivery online or even via phone call (02) 8282-8888 hotline number or 1-800-10-282-888 domestic toll- free number. If you choose to track it online then go to official AUB website and click “AUB Credit Card Application Page”. Then click the “Track Your Application/Delivery” tab and enter the required details. This will give you an instant notification about your credit card application status.
V. Activating the credit card
Once your credit card has been delivered you are required to activate it immediately. The activation you are expected to do confirms to AUB Bank that you have received the card. You can call the bank through AUB service hotline number (02) 8282-8888 within working hours from 6 AM to 11 PM.
The bank will then ask you for certain information to confirm you are the true cardholder before activating it. Apart from the call, one could send AUB Credit Card Activation via SMS to (0917) 581-0480 and the card will be activated.Apply now
AUB Credit Card Eligibility
For one to be qualified for a credit card from the bank some things must be met. They include:
- You should be between the ages of 21 and 65 years. However, with AUB Easy MasterCard the age limit is 55 years old;
- The bank requires you to have a Gross Annual Income of PHP 252,000 to be considered eligible;
- One has to be employed under a registered company and if you’re self-employed the business has to be registered. Besides, the business has to be profitable for at least one year;
- The bank requires an applicant to have at least one landline phone number and an active email address.
AUB Credit Card Requirements
AUB credit card online requirements include the following:
1. Your age must be between 21 and 65 years with government issued ID.
2. You must have a gross annual income (GAI) of at least 252,000 Philippine pesos.
3. For employed: Must be in permanent status with a registered company/ corporation for at least one (1) year.
4. For self-employed: Income Tax Return (ITR) form (1701,1701Q) and the latest Financial Statements or even DTI registration.
→ Learn about How to Renew Business Permit
Advantages of AUB Bank Credit Card
1. The AUB card does not have an annual fee. It makes it it one of the best credit cards Philippines and sustainable even for low monthly income earners;
2. There are no interest rate and annual fees on purchases;
3. On earns, rewards point for every PHP 20 spend which can be converted to GetGo rewards point for every peso, AirAsia Big rewards point, eGift, and Panda Travel vouchers;
4. The card can be linked to Alipay or PayPal which makes it convenient for international purchases;
5. It has over 5,000 payment channels in the Philippines making AUB a reliable bank for many Filipinos.
Disadvantages of AUB Credit Card
However, not all will be qualified for the Mastercard which is a disadvantage. This is because of the following issues:
- When you have a poor credit score or even errors in your credit report. Once the bank goes through your application and finds these red flags then you won’t be qualified for the card;
- If you make inquires about the credit card then you won’t be qualified even if you met all the requirements;
- Another disadvantage is there is an interest charge on missed payments. The fines charged to make it hard for one to sustain the debt repayment, especially during the pandemic. There is also a 1% service fee and for an invalid dispute case, one will pay PHP 1,000.
- The Gross Annual Income of PHP 252,000 locks out many applicants who are not able to raise such an monthly income but are in need of a credit card.
→ Learn about Fast Loan in 15 Minutes
Where to Get Money if You are Refused an AUB Credit Card?
Various financial institutions provide online credit apart from the AUB bank. One of the renowned online lenders is Digido. The firm is known for giving out low-interest rate loans of up to 25,000 pesos and the request is about within an hour.
Plus the loan tenure is flexible as it ranges from 7 to 30 days. The amazing thing about Digido is the fact that a new client can take his first loan at 0%, i.e. return exactly the same amount as he took. The first loan is given for a period of 7 to 15 days, the credit limit of 1000 to 10000 pesos. In addition, Digido approves 9 of 10 loans. That is, every Filipino from 21 to 70 years has a chance to get the right amount. You will only need 1 government issued ID and mobile phone, no certificate of employment. The interest rate is very low. All payment terms are stated in the loan agreement. Money will arrive at your bank account very quickly, usually within 24 hours. The amount must be repaid before the due date in the loan agreement. For example, if your loan runs from 1st to 30th January, you have to repay the amount with interest on 30 January.Apply now
JaypeeI am so thankful to this lending app. Its so nice to use plus their customer service is good. I always use this but sometimes I use to make a late payment but this app have a choices to extend it. Thank you, Digido.5
CherieI gave 5 star because it is very easy application and fastest loan to disburse a money unlike the other loan apps. Thank you Digido.5
AzenVery fast and reliable source of money. Easy payment option also 🙂4
NormanThe process is very smooth and perfect! And would like to commend also the agent who evaluated me over the phone, she is so polite and very nice. Nice lending app and nice customer service! I would highly suggest this app to all of my friends and colleagues. Thank you!4
TheresaThis app is very helpful and easy to apply. Thank you so much! More power to Digido! Highly recommended.4
Disclaimer: This article was written based on information available to the writer at the time of publication and the article was published for promotional, reference, and educational purposes only. Nothing in the articles published in the website is intended to constitute legal or financial advice and users are advised to seek counsel from legal and financial professionals.
Likewise, rates or offers published in the websites are promotional marketing offers only and do not constitute any binding contract between the Corporation and the website users.While the writers and publishers of the articles in the website wrote the articles using credible information available to them at the time of publication, any changes or updates to the information presented in this article may not be reflected here.
Hence, users are enjoined to exercise appropriate diligence in using the data and information published in the website, and they are urged to study and compare it with other credible sources. Users understand that the writers, publisher, website owner and the Corporation are not liable for any damage or injury they sustained for their wrongful or erroneous use of the data or information written in the article and published in the website.