Income Tax Return: How to Get ITR in the Philippines
- The ITR is a document that provides a summary of an individual’s income, deductions, and taxes
- Filing an Income Tax Return (ITR) is mandatory for eligible taxpayers in the Philippines
- There are different types of ITR forms that correspond to specific types of taxpayers
- The ITR is your legal proof of the taxes you paid
- The deadline for submission is typically on April 15th of each year
What is income tax return Philippines? The income tax return document is an annual document from the Bureau of Internal Revenue (BIR). Today, we will discuss the following:
- What is ITR Philippines
- How do you get an ITR?
- Where to get ITR Philippines
- Other important things you need to know
At the end of this article, we hope this article will prepare you to get your ITR and document that you are paying your taxes.
What is ITR in the Philippines?
The annual income tax return (ITR), is a document that summarizes all your financial transactions for a calendar year. It applies to employees and business entities.
The income tax return Philippines is proof that you paid your due taxes either as an employee or professional. Business entities like corporations must also get an ITR or file it.
Who pays for ITR? Generally speaking, these are people who earn money whose amount is taxable:
|The main Types of Individual Taxpayers||Description|
|Employees||These are employed individuals paid a salary that is taxable.|
|Entrepreneurs or corporations||People who operate a registered business.|
|Mixed-Income Earners||These are individuals who generate income through various means.|
Learn How to Get
Quick Loan For Unemployed
Obtaining an ITR in the Philippines for individuals
Who are the individuals with mixed sources of income?
A mixed-income earner is a person who earns money in different ways. For example, a doctor who earns from consultations and at the same time earns money as an employee is a mixed-income earner.
An employed person registered as a sole proprietorship business owner is also considered a mixed-income earner.
How to enroll as an individual with mixed sources of income
The first step to rHow to enroll as an individual with mixed sources of income is to get your Certificate of Registration. You will get this from the BIR.
Here are the documents you need:
- Valid government ID
- BIR Form 1901 (1) (three copies)
- If you are a professional, you must provide your professional license and professional tax receipt.
- If you are a business owner, you must present your DTI certificate and Mayor’s Permit
To get started, go to the BIR office, and they will give you further instructions. Once you have submitted the documents, they will ask you to present samples of invoices and receipts. Once they approve these receipts, you can now begin to print them and issue them to your clients.
At the end of the year, you will still file your ITR Philippines, but you are now classified as a mixed-income earner.
Learn information about
How to get TIN ID
Requirements for Applying ITR for Mixed-Income Earners
There are some documentary requirements for ITR when you want to file for an ITR as an individual with mixed sources of income.
- Submit your BIR Form 1701(2)
- Proof of your income, such as a business permit or employment certificate
- Proof of residence; proof that you are a Filipino citizen
- If you are not a Filipino citizen, you must show proof of non-resident alien status
Take note that mixed-income earners are required to file their ITR on or before April 15th of every year.
Нow to Apply for ITR Philippines
How to get income tax return Philippines? To apply for ITR, the first thing you need to do is prepare the documentary requirements.
Prepare these things:
- BIR Form 1901 – two copies
- Valid government ID – the ID must show your birthday, name, and home address
- Occupational Tax Receipt if you are a professional like a lawyer or doctor
- Mayor’s Permit and DTI if you are a registered business
- BIR Form 1906 (3)
Now that you have these documents follow these steps:
- Go to your BIR RDO or Revenue District Office
- Submit the forms and your ID, along with the other documents
- Pay the Annual Registration Fee (PHP500), which they also call the ARF – pay this at a bank or cashier in the BIR if there is one
- Remit the payment for the documentary stamp tax and certification fee
- Attend the briefing if required; mostly, this is for first-timers only
Now, they will tell you to come back for your ITR. You must go back on the said date to get the physical copy of your ITR.
Where to get income tax return Philippines? Well, there are two main ways. You can get it from a physical office, or you can file it online.
Register and Apply for an eFPS Account
Anyone who is registered as a taxpayer can use the eFPS. How to apply for an eFPS account – you do not need to apply. All you have to do is go to the BIR website (4) and go to the eFPS link. Enroll, and you will be able to access this feature.
Electronic BIR Forms (eBIR Forms)
There is a software program that you need to install on your PC before you can use it to apply for ITR. Go to the website www.bir.gov.ph(6) and click the link to download the Offline eBIRForms Package. Once done, you must now follow the prompts.
Once you file online, you will fill out the details on your computer. Be sure that you know your RDO code and that you have all the correct business information that matches BIR’s record.
Who can file the ITR manually? The business owner, the accountant or bookkeeper, or an authorized representative of the business can file the IT manually.
So, how do you file the ITR personally? You will do it the old way. You must go and visit your RDO, fill out the necessary ITR form Philippines, and submit the documents that you need
Paano Magrehistro ng Online Business sa BIR
How to Get ITR in the Philippines Online?
How to Fill out the BIR Form 1701 for individuals
Here are the steps on how to file ITR online Philippines:
- Register in the eFPS (5)
- Log in to your account
- Download the BIR form package
- Install the package on your computer
- Click the list of BIR forms and select BIR form 1701
- Fill it up
- Go to your eFPS account
- Submit the form
Now, you will receive an email if your ITR has been successfully submitted.
Check ITR Status and Retrieve ITR Copy
How to check the status of the ITR or how to get ITR online Philippines? The answer is really simple. After filing the ITR online, you must go back to your eFPS account.
- Click on the box that says Income Tax Return (ITR) Status
- Type your acknowledgment number
- Type your mobile number
- Click Continue
You will receive a 6-digit OTP on your phone, enter that, and then click submit. After this, you will see the status of your ITR.
How to retrieve a copy of the ITR? Some of you may ask, how to get a copy of my ITR Philippines?
You must go to the RDO to get this copy. Submit completed BIR Form 1702Q and attachments at RDO or BIR Tax Filing Center. Obtain stamped and validated copy from RDO.
Accountant salary grade in the Philippines
Is filing an ITR mandatory?Yes, it is mandatory to file the ITR for eligible taxpayers in order to comply with tax regulations.
Who Can Use the eFPS?Any taxpayer who is already registered in the BIR system can use it.
Who needs to file ITR?Anyone who earns money that is taxable must file the ITR and pay taxes, along with some fees.
When is the deadline for filing ITR?The usual deadline is April 15 of the calendar year for earnings from the previous year.
Where can I download my income tax return sample Philippines?You can download a sample income tax return from the Bureau of Internal Revenue (BIR) website or obtain a copy from any BIR Revenue District Office or Tax Filing Center.
How often should I to File Income Tax Returns?You file the ITR annually after the calendar year ends.
What is an Income Tax Return?It is your annual responsibility to pay your taxes. It is a document that proves you paid your tax duties.
How to check the status of the ITR?You can do this online in the eFPS or go back to your RDO to check in person.
How to get a copy of my ITR Philippines online?You can get a copy if you register to the eFPS and use the online system.
How much is annual registration fee BIR?BIR registration requires an annual payment of P500 due every January 31st. Failure to pay on time results in penalties.
Tips to Remember When Getting ITR in the Philippines
Here are some useful tips when Filing your ITR.
- Be mindful of deadlines – the usual deadline is April 15. File your ITR in January or February, so you do not have to rush with other people.
- Keep accurate records and receipts – make sure your records are correct. If your documents are questionable, the BIR may investigate you.
- Seek assistance if needed – it is better to let an accountant do this for you. However, you will pay a monthly retainer fee to this accountant.
- Double-check before submission – make sure your documents and details are correct, or you will pay a fine for changes. The last thing you want is to overpay your taxes.
Read How to
Start Online Business in the Philippines
Conclusion: How to File ITR Philippines
The ITR is a document proving that you paid your taxes due. You must file it annually. Filing income tax returns in the Philippines can be a complex process, but it is an essential responsibility for all taxpayers.
By following the step-by-step guidelines provided by the BIR and ensuring all necessary documents are prepared and submitted on time, individuals and businesses can fulfill their tax obligations and avoid any penalties or legal repercussions.