BDO Credit Card Guide
Last updated: March 24, 2023
Written by: Joshua Morales | Reviewed by: Mark Anthony
- BDO Credit Card online banking is one of the amazing financial services in the Philippines.
- You can use your credit card to make purchases, travel, and pay bills.
- However, not all people can get an BDO credit card.
- There are restrictions on age, income, and other reasons for refusal. In this case, Digido loan will help you.
- You can get money in a bank account and make purchases online without leaving home.
BDO is one of the biggest publicly-held banks in the Philippines. It is owned by the same group that also has one of the biggest chains of malls and real estate companies in the country. Today, we will focus our attention on BDO credit cards. You will learn the different card types offered, how you can check your balance, and how you can process your BDO credit card application.
BDO Credit Cards Types
There are nine types of BDO credit cards that you can choose from.
1. BDO ShopMore
A kind of card where you receive points if you use the credit card for shopping. If you use it with establishments partnered with SM Advantage, you will earn more points. As you accumulate more points, you can avail of discounts and free stuff from the bank. For every ₱200 you spend, you get ₱0.50 peso points.
2. Standard Mastercard
This one is a standard card where you get one point for every ₱50 spent. You can exchange the points you accumulated from the BDO redemption catalogue. You can also use this card shopping online, and it is one of the best cards to use for installment purchases.
→ Also read all about Easy Loan in the Philippines
Mastercard where you get a 10% discount if you shop at Forever 21 stores.
Mastercard where you get 20% of Bench stores but only on Mondays.
5. Installment Card
This is a card where you can get a cash advance limit of 100% of your credit limit. You do not have to pay what you borrow in full as there are installment plans.
6. BDO gold credit card
This is an all-around card that is issued to most of the credit cardholders. It is a typical card that you can use for everything. It also has a rewards program where you can earn 1 point for every ₱50 you spent.
This is a high-end card where you get one point for every ₱40 spent or $1. You can use this card internationally, plus you have free travel insurance coverage. You can even choose a dollar billing option and not peso if you want.
It is also a high-end card, but you can enjoy more perks and have a higher credit limit.
9. World Elite
The most sophisticated of all cards that are reserved for VIPs. You will get exclusive offers at the hotels and resorts if you are a cardholder.
If you do not want a Mastercard, you have an option to tell BDO what kind of card you want. You can choose from JCB, UnionPay, Diners Club, VISA, and you can also ask the bank to give you a BDO AMEX credit card.
→ Useful information about quick online cash loans for blacklisted
BDO Credit Card Requirements
Before you apply, you have to prepare some documents. There are also eligibility requirements that you have to meet before you even bother applying:
1. You have to be between 21 and 70 years of age;
2. You must be a Filipino citizen;
3. You must live or work near a BDO branch;
4. You have to be employed or must have a business that you can prove;
5. You must be earning at least ₱120,000 if you are an employee
6. You must be earning at least ₱400,000 per year if you are self-employed.
You must also have a landline phone that the bank can call if they need to contact you. If you have no landline, you will not be approved.
If you meet these conditions, you have to be ready to supply proof. You have to submit the following documents:
- Application form;
- Valid government ID;
- Income Tax Return documents;
- Payslips if you are employed;
- Registration permit if you are a business.
Once everything is ready, you have to prepare photocopies and scanned copies. You must also prepare 2×2 or 1×1 pictures in case they ask for it.
How can I increase my credit limit in BDO?If you feel that your current BDO credit limit is not sufficient, you can contact Customer Support at (02) 8631-8000 to apply for a higher BDO credit limit.
Is the BDO installment card a credit card?Yes, it is a credit card with more benefits than usual options on the market.
How do you withdraw cash from a BDO credit card?You can withdraw money from the ATM where your credit card is accepted. To withdraw money above the limit on your credit card, contact BDO bank.
→ Learn more about Personal Loans For Poor Credit Score
How Can I Check My BDO Credit Card Balance?
To check your BDO credit card balance, you can either call the BDO hotline (02) 8631-8000 or do it online on the official BDO website in your personal profile. In the latter case, you must sign in with your login and password and select “My Statement”. BDO also has an application with which you can check your balance.
How Can I Avail of a BDO Credit Card?
There are only three ways you can avail of a BDO credit card:
1. Apply in person and provide the documents you need;
2. Apply online and wait for further instructions.
The third way is if you are a BDO depositor. Sometimes, the bank automatically sends you a credit card even if you did not apply. This usually happens to depositors who have a lot of money in the bank.
BDO Credit Card Fees and Charges
BDO has several fees and charges, and you can see them all at the table of fees on the BDO official site.
The most important you need to know include:
– Cash advance fee – ₱200 or $4, whichever is higher;
– Annual fee – between ₱125 per month or ₱3,000 per year, depending on your card type;
– Late payment charge – 7% of the overdue amount.
Our recommendation is that when you borrow, make sure you have the funds to pay what you owe. You should also learn how to pay a BDO credit card in advance to avoid late fees.Apply now
→ All about cash loans in 1 hour with fast approval
5 Steps to Apply for a BDO Credit Card
Here are the five simple steps on how to apply for a BDO credit card:
Step 1: choose the right card for you;
Step 2: check if you are eligible;
Step 3: prepare your documents;
Step 4: apply online or in-person;
Step 5: follow up on your application status.
We have discussed the requirements earlier, so you have to prepare them. Collect physical copies and scan them, too. To fill out the application form, you can either do this on the bank’s website or go to a branch. Once you are approved and you got your card, follow the BDO credit card activation instructions that came with the mail. You cannot use the card unless it is activated. The mail also has instructions for:
- How to pay BDO credit card;
- BDO credit card inquiry.
The card itself and the mail both have the BDO credit card hotline (02) 8631-8000 to call if you have a problem.
→ Also read How to Buy Phone in Installments
Why is My BDO Credit Card Application Not Approved?
Here are some possible reasons why your BDO credit card status or application was denied:
1. You are under 21 or over 70 years old – all banks in the Philippines have age requirements. Your age somehow determines your capacity to pay.
2. You do not meet the employment requirements of the borrower – you have to be employed, and be able to prove your employment plus citizenship if you want to apply for a credit card in the Philippines. This is a guarantee that you can pay.
3. You are unable to provide work references – banks will investigate and ask people if what you are saying is true. You have to be able to submit names and numbers of people who can vouch for who you are.
4. You do not have a landline phone – landlines are guarantees that you live where you say you do.
5. Your annual income is less than 180,000 pesos – banks want to make sure that you do have the capacity to pay. Credit cards give you an opportunity to borrow money, so they have to be sure you can afford to pay what you borrow.
If your application was declined after processing a BDO online credit card, do not despair because there is an alternative.
* Interest payments are approximate. The final loan amount and interest rate must be confirmed in your loan agreement after loan approval.
→ Learn about In-Demand Jobs in the Philippines
BDO Credit Card Alternatives
If you do not get approved, you have to look for an alternative. What we can recommend is Digido, an online loan facility in the Philippines.
Here are the benefits of applying for a loan from Digido:
- Easy to apply – everything is done online;
- No collateral – this is a loan where you do not need to pawn items; you just have to present documents to prove your income;
- Hassle-free – you do not have to go to a financial institution to get a loan; the money will be deposited to your bank account.
Digido is a great alternative if you cannot be approved for a credit card. In some cases, it is better to get a loan if you just want to purchase a big-ticket item once. Credit cards have annual fees, so you also have to consider that expense.Apply now
→ Learn about How to Renew Business Permit
DerickThis loan app is very convenient to use, easy to borrow cash especially during Petsa de peligro or anytime you need money. Easy to repay with low interest rate.4
MarkA very reliable loan app. You can have the approved amount transferred to your account in less than 3 minutes. Highly recommended to those who need immediate cash☺5
JessicaDigido you saved my husband life. When i need the money the most, for hospital. Thank you.5
DanicaSuperb App. It is very easy and fast approval. it's my second loan since the last time. Very happy to apply for this app. Highly recommended.5
EdcelDigido is superb to the point of acing clients or customer needs for loan. The free choose of how many days you can pay and the payment extension is beyond compare. Although the interest is quite high but it will really compensate fast-pacing response. The agent were very responding and accomodating! I love Digido, Happy Chinese New Year ❤️4
Disclaimer: This article was written based on information available to the writer at the time of publication and the article was published for promotional, reference, and educational purposes only. Nothing in the articles published in the website is intended to constitute legal or financial advice and users are advised to seek counsel from legal and financial professionals.
Likewise, rates or offers published in the websites are promotional marketing offers only and do not constitute any binding contract between the Corporation and the website users.While the writers and publishers of the articles in the website wrote the articles using credible information available to them at the time of publication, any changes or updates to the information presented in this article may not be reflected here.
Hence, users are enjoined to exercise appropriate diligence in using the data and information published in the website, and they are urged to study and compare it with other credible sources. Users understand that the writers, publisher, website owner and the Corporation are not liable for any damage or injury they sustained for their wrongful or erroneous use of the data or information written in the article and published in the website.