- Palawan PawnShop is one of the largest pawn shops in the Philippines.
- It accepts gold items as collateral and also offers domestic and international money transfer and insurance services.
- Digido online loans are more profitable than pawnshop loans because you don’t need collateral and you don’t risk your valuables.
Palawan Pawnshop in the Philippines
Way back before the start of the 21st century, average Filipino households typically relied on pawnshops to get a loan. They could easily obtain fast cash by leaving their valuable items in the pawnshop as collateral. During those times, banks and other lending institutions had strict requirements, making it difficult for ordinary Filipinos to get loans. Hence, pawnshops were their lifesavers whenever they needed immediate cash on hand.
Palawan Pawnshop History
Pawnshop businesses in the Philippines flourished over the years. So, this venture sparked an interest in Mr. Bobby and Mrs. Angelita Castro – spouses living in Puerto Princesa City, Palawan. On August 17, 1985, they decided to establish their very own pawn broking, the Palawan Pawnshop. Thus, Bobby and Angelita Castro are now the Palawan Pawnshop owners.
Since the inception of Palawan Pawnshop, its services consistently develop and adapt to the economy’s trends. In 2003, it started to operate a domestic money remittance business – the Palawan Express Pera Padala. It expanded after a year by entering business partnerships, extending its remittance network in Luzon. Eventually, Palawan Pawnshop began to offer tiered loans to the public. After more than three decades, it is now offering various products and services in their branches nationwide.
Palawan Pawnshop also cares for its environment, has social responsibility, and of course, maintains a good workplace for the employees. The management treats all the people in the operation as associates. The Palawan Pawnshop salary, benefits and other incentives are also competitive.
How does Palawan Pawnshop Work?
Palawan Pawnshop has three primary financial services – pawning, remittance, and Suki Cards Palawan. These services are the main features offered to the public, especially to its loyal customers.
In pawning service, Palawan Pawnshop only accepts gold item jewelry. It provides an appraisal rate based on the item’s karat, weight, and appearance. The Palawan Pawnshop rates vary depending on the package chosen by the pawner (further details are in the next section).
In remittance service, Palawan Pawnshop offers the Palawan Express Pera Padala, which has a minimum rate of P2.00. The receiver can claim the money through its branches and remittance outlets. If remittances are unclaimed, the receiver can still get the money within a year. However, after 30 calendar days, remittances will be subject to a handling fee. The fee is P30 or 1% of the principal amount per month, whichever is higher.
The Suki Card is a loyalty card offered to customers, encouraging them to continuously support the pawnshop’s products and services. The cardholders can avail of discounts on Palawan Pawnshop rates such as the pawn interest and remittance fee. They can also get rebates and other perks. They can also use the Palawan Suki card as ID for financial transactions at Palawan Pawnshop branches.
If you’re wondering how to cash out GCash in Palawan, it’s very easy. Go to a Palawan pawnshop branch, walk up to the attendant and tell them that you want to cash out of your GCash wallet.
Palawan Pawnshop Products and Services
Since Palawan Pawnshop began as a pawn broking business, one of the highlights of its services is pawning. For accurate information about Palawan Pawnshop accepted items, visit the official Palawan website. The pawner needs to bring the gold item to any Palawan Pawnshop branch for the exact appraised value. This service is typically free of charge.
Payment term is up to 4 months, and the approval time is 2-6 hours. It offers four different interest packages to its customers that can suit their financial needs. Each package also has a service charge of 1% of the principal loan.
2.73% per month;
With 1% advance interest;
Days: 1-11 (1%), 12-22 (2%), 23-33 (3%).
3.5% per month;
No advance interest.
2.5% per month;
1-month advance interest.
2% per month;
2-month advance interest.
How to Pawn:
1. Go to any Palawan Pawnshop branch;
2. Present your gold jewelry item for an appraisal;
3. Decide your pawning amount. It should not exceed the maximum appraised value of your item;
4. Fill out and sign the Information Sheet;
5. Sign the printed pawn ticket. You will receive a copy of the pawn ticket;
6. Count and check the money received before leaving the branch.
How to Redeem the Pawn:
1. Go back to the Palawan Pawnshop branch, where you pawned your item;
2. At the back of the pawn ticket, sign on the line labeled “Pawner” under #22 Term;
3. Present the signed pawn ticket and hand over the payment for the amount due on redeeming the item;
4. Check the item before leaving the branch.
The Palawan Express Pera Padala offers domestic and international remittances. The Palawan Pawnshop rates for the remittance service come into three sets:
1. Visayas, Mindanao and Southern Luzon;
2. Central and North Luzon;
3. National Capital Region (NCR).
How to Send Money:
1. Go to any Palawan Pawnshop branch or any Palawan Express Pera Padala outlet;
2. Fill out the Send Money Form with complete details;
3. Place the accomplished Send Money Form and valid ID on the tray at the branch counter. Hand it over to the associate. The branch associate will call the name of the next customer to accommodate;
4. Prepare the principal remittance and fee while waiting for your turn. Once called, sign and receive your copy of the computer-generated Send Money Form;
5. You will receive a text message when the remittance is ready to be claimed.
The Palawan Suki Card grants the cardholders discounts and various perks.
How to Avail:
1. Go to any Palawan Pawnshop branch;
2. Fill out and sign the Customer Information Sheet;
3. Pay an amount of P50 for the Suki Card;
4. You can immediately use the card afterward, and there is no need for activation.
1. Discounts on Palawan Pawnshop rates (pawn interest and remittance fee);
2. Rebates on remittance received both domestic and international;
3. Earns points;
4. Discount on ProteKTODO Insurance;
5. Suki ID;
6. 10% off on Jewelry Display.
Palawan Pawnshop also offers other services and products. These are:
1. Money changer;
2. Cash card/ATM withdrawal;
4. Fund transfer to bank account;
5. Bills payment;
6. ProtekTODO accident insurance.
What is Palawan Pawnshop Insurance?
The PPS PEPP ProtekTODO is the personal accident insurance offered by Palawan Pawnshop to Filipinos earning below or minimum salary. Typically, average Filipinos with minimum daily income could not get insurance because of the high-priced premium. With Palawan Pawnshop ProtekTODO, all Filipinos can avail of personal insurance for as low as P5. This is one-time payment insurance. Upon submitting a signed Confirmation of Registration (COR), the insurance is immediately in effect.
The Palawan Pawnshop’s ProtekTODO comes to four different policies:
1. Sulit Solo ProtekTODO – good for Filipinos without regular income; Insurance Premium: P20/COR;
2. Premium Solo ProtekTODO – good for Filipinos with minimum wage; Insurance Premium: P50.00/COR;
3. Premium Pamilya ProtekTODO – good for Filipinos who have dependents in the family; Insurance Premium: P100.00/COR;
4. Sulit Singko ProtekTODO – most affordable insurance available to all customers with transactions; Insurance Premium: P5.00/COR.
Palawan Pawnshop Branches
For more than 30 years in the industry, Palawan Pawnshop has developed its name and extended nationwide. From Luzon, Visayas, to Mindanao, Palawan Pawnshop has established 3,000 branches, including those in the remote areas. Aside from these, its remittance partners and agents are also growing. This includes the SM Malls, 7-Eleven, and LBC, to name a few. You can also contact Palawan Pawnshop contact number 091-73013868 to find out where the nearest branch is located. This can be one of the Palawan Pawnshop Davao or Palawan Pawnshop Iloilo branches. The head office of Palawan Pawnshop stays in Puerto Princesa City, Palawan. In the National Capital Region (NCR), the Manila Regional Center is in Makati City. While the Panay Regional Center is in Iloilo City. The Palawan Pawnshop Cebu also has its own regional center, located at Mandaue City.
To find the nearest Palawan Pawnshop branch, you can use their Branch Finder to search. It is way more convenient and easier to locate the nearby Palawan Pawnshop branch.
Pawnshop Loan vs. Online Loan
One of the good things that pawnshop loans offer is quick cash. You can immediately get the money after agreeing with the appraised value of the item. Further documentation is not required – just the valuable piece as collateral and the signed pawn ticket. However, this process is often subjective as the appraisal can be less than the estimated market value. And to redeem the item, you need to repay the loan amount with interest.
On the other hand, online loans are way easier and more convenient. It may not be as quick as pawnshop loans, but online loans are safer and regulated. In fact, online loans are financial services offered by verified SEC licensed companies.
You can apply for loans in the comfort of your home. Additionally, the loanable amount is fair among everyone. The interest rate is reasonable, plus there is no need for collateral. You don’t need to present an item with high value only to get a low appraisal.
Online Loan in Digido
When it comes to online loans, Digido has the best offers. You can loan as much as P25,000 with only a 1.5% daily interest rate. There are short-term and installment loans, in which the first-time borrowers can get a maximum of P10,000 payable in 5-15 days.
The process of availing loan is easier than that of any pawnshop loan. You don’t need to wait in line and leave your valuable possession. You just need to enter the necessary details in the application form and choose how you want to receive the money. Additionally, there are a lot of ways on how you can repay your loan. With the innovation we’re having right now, you don’t need to go to any physical branches or offices to pay your debt.
For companies that offer financial services, trust is a vital instrument that bonds the institution and the public together. Most people nowadays prefer online loans over pawnshops due to various reasons. It might be because the person has no pawnable item with high value or probably due to convenience. Nonetheless, deciding what kind of method you will choose still depends on your needs and financial capacity. Borrow when needed, monitor your finances, and use the innovation to your advantage.Apply now
MerlynDigido is the best online lending company. Faster loan to get no more long processing and fill up everything. Thanks.5
SamI loved Digido not just the app but for the whole experienced that I had in applying for a loan. Hassle free and loan disbursement is as quick counting 1-2-3.5
Rikkieasy financial assistance with quick cash out andaccessible online payments. I hope there will be special rate n terms for regular customer like myself.4
EricaI tried Digido out of curiosity. To cut to the chase, Digido is ideal for "petsa de peligro" days where it's almost payday but also your bills is on due date because they have short payment terms (I was given 7 days term for my first loan). You can get approved as fast as 30mins and the loan will reflect immediately.4
RikkiEasy financial assistance with quick cash out andaccessible online payments. I hope there will be special rate n terms for regular customer like myself.4