All About Police Clearance in the Philippines
Last updated: November 21, 2023
- A police clearance helps verify your identity and proves that you don’t have a shady past or underlying record.
- Some institutions may still require you to submit one, from banks to potential employers.
- Thanks to advancements in technology, it is now possible to apply for a police clearance online.
In the Philippines, a police clearance is a document issued by the Philippine National Police (PNP) that certifies that an individual has no criminal or derogatory record based on the police database.
There are two types of PNP clearances: the National Police Clearance (NPC) and the Local Police Clearance (LPC).
What is a police clearance?
You would usually need a PNP clearance if you’re applying for a job. You may also be required to present one if you’re applying for a valid ID, NBI clearance, or bank transactions.
The PNP uses the National Police Clearance System (NPCS) to verify the record of a person.. The NPCS consolidates all records from different cities and towns into one database, making it easier for the police to search for criminal records.
The validity of a police clearance usually lasts six months. The PNP also offers an online verification service for existing clearances. The clearance itself also has a QR code which can be used for verification purposes.
→ Useful information about 24 hour online loans in the Philippines
Police clearance requirements for 2023
The PNP does not have too many requirements for a police clearance. All you need to do is present two original valid IDs that bear your complete name, clear photo and your signature. Make sure that these IDs are still within their validity dates as well.
The PNP accepts the following IDs:
- AFP ID
- Alien Certificate of Registration
- BFP ID
- BJMP ID
- Birth Certificate
- GSIS UMID
- IBP ID
- Driver’s License
- LTOPF ID
- Marina ID
- OFW ID
- PAG-IBIG ID
- PCG ID
- PNP ID
- PRC License
- PWD ID
- National health insurance ID
- Philippine Identification (PhilID)
- Postal ID
- SSS ID/SSS UMID
- School ID with Registration Form
- Senior Citizen’s ID
- TIN ID
- Voter’s ID
→ Learn about online loan with no credit check
How can I get police clearance in the Philippines online?It's easy to do at www.pnpclearance.ph.
How much does a police clearance cost in Philippines?Police clearance certificate usually costs Php100 while the police clearance ID card costs more, Php150 or higher.
Can I pay for 7-11 police clearance?Yes, you can
How long is the validity period of a police clearance?A police clearance is valid for six months.
How long will I have to wait for my clearance to be released?If you don’t have a hit, your clearance will be released immediately. If you have a hit, you will be asked to undergo another round of verification.
How much is the police clearance fee?The police clearance fee is Php 160.
How can I pay the police clearance fee?You can pay the police clearance fee through Land Bank, GCash or your BancNet account.
What happens if I miss my appointment date?If you miss your appointment date, you have to set a new one through the NPCS portal.
→ Learn about In-Demand Jobs in the Philippines
How to apply for police clearance?
There are two ways to apply for a police clearance: walk-ins and online.
If you’re applying for a local police clearance (LPC), you can just walk-in to your local municipal hall and apply without signing up online.
If you’re applying for a national police clearance (NPC), then you need to sign up for an online appointment with your preferred police station. You can do so with the NPCS at pnpclearance.ph. Do note that not all police stations in the Philippines are included in the online appointment system.
1. Applying for a local police clearance
If you’re applying for a local police clearance, you need the following:
- Two pieces 2×2 ID photo
- Original and photocopy of barangay clearance
- Original copy of community tax certificate (CTC)
- Valid ID with your current address
- Black pen
- Police clearance fee
Once you’ve prepared the required documents, go to your local police station and approach the desk officer to inquire about a clearance. You will then be given a police clearance request form. Make sure that you fill out this form using a black pen.
After filling out the form, you will have to go to your local treasurer’s office to pay the police clearance fee. After that, get your thumb printed and sign the clearance form. Wait for the issuance of your police clearance.
→ Learn about How to Renew Business Permit
2. Applying for a national police clearance
- To get a national police clearance, you need to go to the NPCS for an online registration. If you’re a first-time applicant, you need to sign up for an account. Otherwise, you can just log in.
Make sure that you review and check the terms & conditions before proceeding.
- If you already have a NPCS account, sign in using you r registered email address.
- Click the “Edit Profile” option and fill out the form with the required information before proceeding. You need to do this before setting up your appointment.
- Once you’re done editing, click the “Save Profile” button
- Go to the Clearance Application option and choose the nearest police station that you can get your clearance from. Choose your preferred date and time.
- For the online payment process, click the Land Bank of the Philippines option then click Save Appointment. Note down the reference number as you will need it upon payment.
- You will be taken to the LBP ePayment page where you can pay the police clearance fee using Land Bank, GCash or your BancNet bank account.
Police clearance fee is Php 160 (Php 150 + Php 10 transaction fee)
- On your appointment date and time, go to your selected police station. Bring your reference number, 2 valid IDs and clearance payment receipt.
- You will go through a verification process. If you don’t have a hit, expect to claim your police clearance immediately. If you have a hit, you will go through another verification process.
→ Learn more about Urgent Loans For Unemployed
Police clearance renewal
Unfortunately, you can’t have your police clearance renewed in the Philippines. Police clearances are only valid for six months, so once your clearance expires, it’s invalid forever. To get a new one you must apply for an appointment again.
→ Also read all about Digido online loan app for easy cash
Is a PNP clearance a valid ID?
A police clearance is not considered to be a valid ID. However, it may be a requirement for identification or background checks.
For example, your employer will require your police clearance to make sure that you have a clean record and have no criminal violations. Or a bank may require a clearance to supplement your valid IDs.
Whatever the reason may be, it is important that you know how to obtain a police clearance so you are prepared once the need arises.
Fortunately for you, Digido does not require a police clearance when applying for quick cash loans. All you need to have is one valid ID.
Digido accepts the following IDs:
- Driver’s license
- Philippine passport
- UMID ID
- SSS ID
- TIN ID
So, there’s no need for you to apply for a police clearance appointment just so you can get easy credit from Digido. If you have one of the IDs listed above, download the Digido app and apply for a loan now!
→ Also learn more about fast cash loan for students
A police clearance is one of the most important documents that you’ll need to obtain at least once in your lifetime here in the Philippines. It helps verify your identity and proves that you don’t have a shady past or underlying record.
While it is not considered a valid ID, some institutions may still require you to submit one, from banks to potential employers.
Thanks to advancements in technology, it is now possible to apply for a police clearance online. The whole process is fast, simple and convenient. You don’t need to waste a long time lining up.Apply now
FrinaI like Digido loan site the most because they low interest rate within and had a prolongation service incase you can't meet your due, it really helps alot in time of need. In addition their loan process speed and disbursement is by far the fastest.5
LeomaDigido is very reliable and flexible. It is very easy to reloan. They are very helpful. Recommended to those who are planning to take a loan. Interest is very low. 👍4
MaryVery efficient, fast reliable company. Reasonable rates with very friendly and accommodating customer service! I highly recommend it! 👍👍👍5
KervinThis app helps me again when I need some financial assistance. It's so easy to make a reloan if you are not a delinquent borrower. Salute to all (Digido staff) you guys. Thank you again!5
MelissaI highly recommend this App. Convinient and user-friendly. This App is amazing! So easy to loan and approval is very fast just a few minutes. Disbursement is super fast. The Staff are very accomodating, polite, respectful, courteous and friendly. Digido is is very reliable, costumer service is awesome. I love the flexibility it gives to their clients and I can definitly reccomend it to anyone who needs finacial assistance. To the management and staff, thank you very much for the helping hands!4