Villarica Pawnshop in the Philippines
Last updated: March 24, 2023
Written by: Joshua Morales | Reviewed by: Mark Anthony
- Villarica PawnShop is one of the largest pawn shops in the Philippines.
- It accepts gold items as collateral and also offers domestic and international money transfer and insurance services.
- Digido online loans are more profitable than pawnshop loans because you don’t need collateral and you don’t risk your valuables.
Are you in urgent need of cash? If so, you can go to a pawn shop and have any of your valuable items traded for credit! These items will act as collateral and pawn shops typically accept jewelry, watches, gold, cameras, television, computers, and even musical instruments!
Once the value of the item has been assessed, you’ll be given a loan equivalent to the item’s worth. But, not to worry you will receive the item back once the loan has been fully settled with interest. If one fails to make payments on time then the item shall be sold and the cash recovered.
Pawn shops play a crucial part in the global economy. The industry generates a lot of revenue and has grown to be a major player in Asia, Africa, the United States, and other regions. According to statistics, 43% of millennials are using pawnshops to get cash globally.
In the Philippines, 72% of Filipinos go to pawn shops annually. One of the famous pawn shops that receive and handle a lot of clients is Villarica Pawnshop. To learn more about the firm and how it works, continue reading this article.
Villarica Pawnshop History
Villarica was established by Paz R. Villarica in 1954. Even though she eventually died in 1980, her surviving heirs decided to make Villarica Pawnshop a corporation, which is now known as VILLARICA PAWNSHOP INC. In 1981, the firm was registered under the Security and Exchange Commission. As the firm continued to expand and grow, the management decided to open different branches in Metro Manila to remain competitive in the market.
Villarica Pawnshop has cemented its place in the country through establishing multiple branches scattered throughout the country. As of 2014, branches are over 600 with the Villarica main office located in Cubao, Quezon City. The website of Villarica Pawnshop is https://villaricapawnshop.ph/. You can reach out to Villarica Pawnshop through the contact number (02) 8555-6077.
→ Learn What bills can you pay at 7-11?
How does Villarica Pawnshop Work?
Just like in any other pawn shop, Villarica Pawnshop gives you a chance to pawn off goods or even get a short-term loan. All it needs is an item that acts as collateral. However, you are given a Villarica loan in line with your item’s worth.
Villarica Pawnshop will accept items such as diamond, gold, platinum pieces of jewelry, gadgets, and watches as both collateral and items to be pawned off. In addition, Villarica Pawnshop is one of the few pawn shops in the country that accept watches (e.g. Palawan Pawnshop does not accept watches as collateral).
Villarica Pawnshop has also adopted a credit policy with an interest rate that varies from as low as 4% to 6% monthly. This is the standard rate for all the Villarica pawnshops in the country. However, the branch will determine the interest rate in line with the competition in the region.
Once the product has been evaluated and approved, you’ll receive the cash in less than two hours. There is no service fee and there is a standard one month term for their loans.
In line with the financial hardships that Filipinos are facing during this pandemic, Villarica Pawnshop offers a 90 day grace period to clear their debts, which can be extended to a maximum of four months. The last notice to clear debt is usually sent to your email ten days before the due date.
On the other hand, if you are looking to exchange your foreign currency, Villarica Pawnshop exchange rates will depend on the branch and the date of exchange. It is better to learn about them in advance by phone number.
Hence, you will never know the Villarica Pawnshop US dollar exchange rates for today unless you go to a physical branch or inquire through your phone or their website.
The same can be said if you’re looking for Villarica Pawnshop gold rates for today. However, the pawnshop offers appraisal calculators or gold calculators which are available to you.
Villarica Pawnshop operating hours are typically from 8 am to 6 pm, but on Sundays, the closing time is 5 pm. If you search online for “pawnshop accepting gadgets near me” check out Villarica.
→ Learn about In-Demand Jobs in the Philippines
Villarica Pawnshop services
As already mentioned, Villarica Pawnshop offers pawning services, auction services, and financial transactions like money transfer, currency exchange, bills payment, cash withdrawal and mobile loading,
Pawning your goods off is very straightforward: you go to any Villarica Pawnshop branch, submit the item and request for the amount that you need, have the item appraised, fill out the KYC form and pawn ticket, and collect your money and keep the pawn ticket!
You can also buy affordable and high-quality jewelry from Villarica Pawnshop through its auctioned jewelry service! Just go to the nearest branch and check out available jewelry items.
Just like the rest of the major pawnshops in the Philippines, Villarica Pawnshop has extended its services beyond the usual pawning and branched out into financial transactions. Villarica offers money transfer to domestic and international recipients through its partners, as well as currency exchange, cash withdrawal, and mobile credits loading.
With Villarica money changer, you can have your foreign currency exchanged at high rates! This is perfect if you’re expecting money from your loved ones overseas or if you’re a freelancer who’s earning money from foreign clients!
→ Learn about Buy Now Pay Later in the Philippines
Villarica Pawnshop loan requirements
If you urgently need money yet you don’t have anything “valuable” to pawn off, you can instead apply for a loan with Villarica Pawnshop! You can be granted a minimum loan amount of PHP 10,000 and a maximum loan amount of PHP 100,000!
The loan tenure with Villarica Pawnshop is four months and the interest rate ranges from 4% to 6%. Loan applications can be granted in 24 hours so you can be sure that you will receive your much-needed cash on time.
To avail of a loan, simply go to a Villarica Pawnshop branch, give your collateral and the amount that you need to loan, have your collateral appraised and agree on its value, fill out a KYC form and get the pawn ticket.
For loans, Villarica Pawnshop requires proof of identification and collateral. Don’t forget to bring your pawn ticket when claiming your collateral after paying off the loan.
Villarica Product Features
The product features include the following when seeking financial assistance from the firm. One is granted a minimum loan of PHP 10,000 and a maximum of PHP 100,000. As we mentioned earlier the loan tenure is 4 months and the interest rate ranges from 4% to 6%. Villarica Pawnshop 24 hours loan approval ensures you receive the cash on time.
→ All about Dragonpay App Features
Villarica Pawnshop Accepted Items
Villarica Pawnshop offers many options for valuable items you can pawn off. Villarica Pawnshop appraisal rates are some of the highest in the country so you can be sure you’ll get the full value of your item! Check out their list of acceptable pawn items below:
- Gold, diamond or platinum jewelry. Unearth those precious jewelries from deep inside your closet! Villarica Pawnshop accepts gold, diamond or platinum jewelry – be it a necklace, a pair of earrings, a ring or a bracelet! With Villarica Pawnshop’s high appraisal rates, you don’t have to worry about your diamond heirloom necklace being undervalued for its worth!
- Watches. Got no jewelry but got a box full of watches hidden somewhere? Take it to Villarica and have your watches appraised! They will accept any watch: digital or analog, big or small, simple or decked-out with stones, Rolex or Casio!
- Cell phones. We know that cell phones are very important nowadays, but if you’re in need of quick money, don’t hesitate to pawn it off temporarily with Villarica! Or get that old cell phone that you haven’t used in a while and have it appraised for quick funds!
- Laptops or computers. The same can be said for laptops or computers. If you have old laptops lying around, why not bring it to Villarica Pawnshop and have it appraised? You’re guaranteed to get the maximum value for your gadget – perfect for any emergency or unplanned expense!
Villarica pawnshop pawning rates are among the highest in the Philippines, allowing you to borrow more than other pawn shops.
borrow more than other pawn shops.
How do I cash-in with GCash through Villarica Pawnshop?
You can cash with Gcash in Villarica by following the steps below:
1. Go to the firm near you and inform them you would like to cash out of your Villarica Pawnshop Gcash. This then takes you to fill out a GCash service form. In the form, you are expected to indicate your GCash registered mobile number.
2. The next stage will be presenting a valid ID card which shows that you’re a citizen. Once this is done, wait for a confirmation message for the cash-out request. You will receive the SMS reply with your MPIN to confirm and then get your cash from the cashier.
* Interest payments are approximate. The final loan amount and interest rate must be confirmed in your loan agreement after loan approval.
→ Read about OFW Fast Loans
Villarica Pawnshop Branches Near Me
Villarica Pawnshop branches are scattered across the country. If you cannot locate the shops, you can just use Google search for directions and you will be at their doors. The branches are open from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. though this might differ depending on the location. Some Villarica Pawnshop branches in major Philippine cities are:
• Villarica Pawnshop Bacolod
The shop is located in Bacolod City Negros Occidental. This is in front of the Market and if lost you can call them on (034)435-66-87. The shop is open from 8 a.m. till 5 p.m. from Monday to Saturday except for Sundays.
• Villarica Pawnshop Makati
The shop is located at 2183 Magsaysay Street. The contact number is 881-89-59 and it is open from 8 a.m. till 6 p.m. from Monday to Saturday, while on Sunday it is open from 8 a.m. till 5 p.m.
• Villarica Pawnshop Cubao
The shop is located on the Ground Floor of the New Farmers Plaza Araneta Center Cubao. It is open from Monday to Saturday from 8:00 a.m. till 8:00 p.m., while on Sundays it is open from 8:00 a.m. till 5:00 p.m. The cell number is (911-14-07).
• Villarica Pawnshop Baguio
It’s located at 61 Hilltop Road Baguio City, Benguet near Julie’s Bakeshop. The pawnshop works from Monday to Friday from 8:00 a.m. till 6:00 p.m., while on the weekend it is open on Saturday from 8 a.m. till 5 p.m. except on Sundays. The phone number to contact them is (074) 619-00-26.
• Villarica Pawnshop Cebu
In Cebu, the pawnshop is located in Sanciangko cor. Leon Kilat streets, Cebu city. The pawnshop is in front of Emall &One Central Hotel and its doors are open from Monday to Saturday (from 8 a.m. till 5 p.m.). Though it’s closed on Sundays and you can contact the firm on (032) 238-70-14.
→ Also learn more about Students Fast Loans
Villarica Pawnshop rates and charges
It helps to be prepared for any additional rates and charges before going to a Villarica Pawnshop branch for any transaction. How much does Villarica Pawnshop charge their customers in terms of fees and charges for their services?
Villarica Pawnshop exchange rates
The foreign currency exchange rates posted by Villarica Pawnshop on their website changes every day, and rates may also vary depending on the branch and time of the day. For more accurate rates, regularly check the Villarica Pawnshop website or go to a branch and inquire there.
*Note: Villarica forex rates as of January 19, 2023
|US Dollar (USD)||Php 54.50|
|Euro (EUR)||Php 56.70|
|Japanese Yen (JPY)||Php 0.3901|
|Australian Dollar (AUD)||Php 35.16|
|Canadian Dollar (CAD)||Php 38.03|
|British pound (GBP)||Php 62.78|
|Hong Kong Dollar (HKD)||Php 6.50|
|Singapore Dollar (SGD)||Php 38.57|
What about appraisal rates and transaction fees?
Villarica Pawnshop has a transaction fee of 2% for all GCash cash-out transactions. For pawning off gold jewelry pieces, you can follow this sample Villarica Pawnshop appraisal quote below. Take note that Villarica Pawnshop has a 4% advance interest rate.
|VILLARICA PAWNSHOP SAMPLE APPRAISAL RATE|
|14K GOLD (bracelet; 10.4 grams)||Php 18,000|
|18K GOLD (necklace, 6.9 grams)||Php 17,000|
|21K GOLD (necklace w/ pendant; 5.4 grams)||Php 14,000|
Source: Gold101 By Vency on YouTube
You can use this table as an approximate Villarica Pawnshop gold or appraisal calculator by dividing the amount indicated on the right column by the number of grams (Example: Php 17,000/6.9 = 2,463.76).
Villarica Pawnshop customer service
We have provided you quite a comprehensive rundown of Villarica Pawnshop’s services and associated rates and fees. But if you have more questions about Villarica’s offerings, do not hesitate to reach out to them at (02) 8555-6077 or through their customer service email at email@example.com.
Villarica Pawnshop also answers customer service inquiries through their Facebook page. You can like and follow Villarica Pawnshop on Facebook.
Pawnshop Loan vs. Online Loan
Which is better between pawnshop loans and online loans? This is the question that comes to mind. Though, both parties present a good avenue to access quick short term loans. There is a slight difference between the two. Let’s break it down to learn more.
1. An online loan is a faster way to access quick funds within hours. All you need to do is to meet the requirements before the money is approved. Whether you are employed or a student you can access the funds. When it comes to pawnshop loans there is no documentation required. All the broker wants is collateral and you get the cash within minutes. But remember that a pawnshop will appreciate your collateral much lower than its real value.
2. When you fail to repay your online loan on time, there is an interest that is accrued. However, in pawnshop loans when you fail to repay the cash the item is possessed by the broker and sold to recover the funds. In this way, you can lose a valuable item or a family jewel.
3. Pawnshop loans have a high-interest rate, in comparison to which online loans are lower. Online lending firms are regulated by financial authorities, therefore they are the same. On the other hand, pawnshops are not regulated hence it has high-interest rates.
4. Pawnshop loans are approved faster and the cash is handed instantly. While in online loans you have to wait for some time until the loan is approved. It could take 1 to 3 days depending on the organization.
5. If you allow the delay at an online lending company, you will pay a fine. But if you do not pay back the debt to the pawnshop, you will lose your collateral.
→ Learn more about Unemployed Loan 0%
Why is Digido Loan the Best Choice?
According to our analysis, online loans are the best compared to pawnshop ones. This is why we recommended getting a short term loan from Digido. The online lender that provides you with affordable loans at low-interest rates. In addition, there is now a promotion. According to which new customers can get a loan of up to 10,000 pesos without interest. The loan tenure starts from 7 to 30 days. You can request a minimum amount of PHP 1,000 and a maximum amount of PHP 25,000. The amazing thing is that the loan is approved within a few minutes.
• One must be a Filipino and between the ages of 21-70 years;
• Your government-issued ID card will be required during the application;
• During the application, you must provide a valid mobile number;
• To be qualified for the loan you must be either self-employed or employed.
• There is minimal documentation;
• No collateral is required;
• 24/7 service;
• The loan request is approved within minutes.
RonSo far my transaction with Digido has no problem. This is my 3rd loan with this online loan. My wife and my friend also using Digido. And i will say that it is recommended for those who need paper money.5
MaryVery efficient, fast reliable company. Reasonable rates with very friendly and accommodating customer service! I highly recommend it! 👍👍👍5
FrinaI like Digido loan site the most because they low interest rate within and had a prolongation service incase you can't meet your due, it really helps alot in time of need. In addition their loan process speed and disbursement is by far the fastest.4
KerwinThis app helps me again when I need some financial assistance. It's so easy to make a reloan if you are not a delinquent borrower. Salute to all (Digido staff) you guys. Thank you again!5
RollyHi everyone I could recommend this excellent apps coz the agents are approachable and answers the needs in times of emergency. They us give lower interest and loan prolongation in case you could not pay on time. Thanks to them and keep it up. Mabuhay!!!4
Disclaimer: This article was written based on information available to the writer at the time of publication and the article was published for promotional, reference, and educational purposes only. Nothing in the articles published in the website is intended to constitute legal or financial advice and users are advised to seek counsel from legal and financial professionals.
Likewise, rates or offers published in the websites are promotional marketing offers only and do not constitute any binding contract between the Corporation and the website users.While the writers and publishers of the articles in the website wrote the articles using credible information available to them at the time of publication, any changes or updates to the information presented in this article may not be reflected here.
Hence, users are enjoined to exercise appropriate diligence in using the data and information published in the website, and they are urged to study and compare it with other credible sources. Users understand that the writers, publisher, website owner and the Corporation are not liable for any damage or injury they sustained for their wrongful or erroneous use of the data or information written in the article and published in the website.
Note: The information presented in the tables is subject to change and borrowers are advised to contact their chosen bank/ financial entity directly for the updated information