How to Get SSS ID in the Philippines
Last updated: August 17, 2023
- SSS is for the Social Security System in the Philippines.
- SSS also offers various types of loans and benefits. You have to be an SSS member and meet many other conditions in order to qualify.
- Digido is a great alternative if you wanted to get a loan from SSS but your loan was not approved.
- With Digido, it is easy to apply for a loan and it is fast to get an approval. Try it now and see the difference.
Table of Contents
SSS stands for the Social Security System (1). In the Philippines, unemployed and self-employed individuals can register and pay a monthly contribution in preparation for their retirement. Those who are employed, however, are mandated to pay. Today, we will talk about SSS and how you can get an ID. By the end of this tutorial, you should know how to get an ID, what are the requirements for SSS ID, and what the application process is.
How does SSS Work in the Philippines?
The SSS is not just a retirement or pension plan that the government provides for its members. It also offers different kinds of loans and benefits. Here are the benefits you can get if you are a paying member:
- Sickness and disability benefit – you can get paid a sum of money if you are debilitated to work. This can be due to sickness or in accidents that have rendered you disabled.
- Maternity benefit – pregnant women have 60 days of maternity benefit. A pregnant woman can get a salary worth 2 months by the end of the pregnancy.
- Retirement – those who retire at the age of 60 or 65 can get a lifetime pension. The amount of the monthly pension depends on the contributions of the retired member.
- Death and funeral – SSS members who passed away can get death and funeral benefits. The SSS will provide funds for the funeral, which are separate from the pension that the underage and spouse beneficiaries of the deceased.
One thing that people do not know is that SSS has been expanding their services recently. Now, you can also apply for a housing loan. As mentioned earlier, you can also apply for a salary loan. As always, the values you can loan depend on your total contribution, and how much you have contributed.
→ Learn more about Government Loans For Unemployed
How to Apply for SSS ID?
In this section, we will discuss how to get the SSS ID card in person. Keep in mind that you cannot apply for SSS valid ID unless you have the SSS ID number. To get an ID number, you must register as a member first. Once you become a member, you will be issued your ID number.
To apply for this, you just have to go to the nearest SSS office and tell them that you want to be a member. If you are employed in a big company, you do not have to worry about this. The company will take care of processing your membership. Once you have your ID number that is printed in the official SSS document, go to the SSS office. Tell the guard that you are applying for an ID. The guard will give you the SSS UMID ID form and a list for the SSS UMID ID requirements 2020. Fill out the form in the office, and then queue up. Once you have the form submitted in the appropriate window, you will be asked to pay a fee.
This fee is for your digitized SSS ID. Once you have paid it, you will be given a receipt. After getting the receipt, you have to queue up again. This time, wait for your turn for your picture, signature and thumb print to be taken. Once you are done with this process, you will be told to come back and get your ID in person.
→ Useful information about fast payday loan in the Philippines
SSS ID requirements
Before you go to any SSS office, you have to prepare your documents required for an SSS ID. Here are the things that you need to get an SSS ID card:
– ePersonal record form – this is a form you can get from the SSS office.
– Printed SS Number slip – you can only get this once you have applied for SSS membership. As a member, you will receive a slip that has your SS number. You need to keep this and present it once you apply for an identification card.
– Birth certificate – you have to present an original copy that is verified by the National Statistics Office; you also need to provide its photocopy.
– Valid ID – you can present other existing IDs like driving license, passport, and others.
In case you do not have other IDs, you can present a baptismal certificate, your ID from the Professional Regulation Board, or your Seaman’s book. If these are still not available, you can choose from the following:
- School ID;
- Company ID;
- Voter’s ID;
- NBI Clearance that is not expired (2);
- Postal ID.
If you have a tax ID, you can use that too.
Now, you must also provide original and photocopies of your marriage certificate if you are married, and also the birth certificate of your children. Make sure you have photocopied everything. For some documents, they only need the photocopy. For some others, they need the original copy. The SSS ID requirements in 2020 are the same.
→ Also learn more about Dragonpay App Benefits
SSS ID Online Application
Too busy to go to the office and wait for the first part of the application? The SSS ID online application is easy. Here is how to get SSS ID online in 2020.
1. Go to the official SSS website. Fill out the SSS ID application form properly;
2. You will receive a link to the email you’ve registered; this will enable you to continue;
3. Once you click the link, you must supply all your information;
4. The system will generate the ID number for you;
5. This will produce the ePersonal Record form; you have to print this;
6. You also need to print the Personal Record Form, the SS Number Slip, and the SS Number application confirmation that is sent to your email;
7. Prepare the documents or the requirements; print them and also prepare photocopies;
8. Go to the SSS office and tell the guard that you are going to get an ID.
The guard will tell you where to pay and then your picture will be taken. After that, you will be told to come back. Once you come back, you still have to bring some documents with you. Finally, you have your SSS ID.Apply now
→ All about loans without a bank account
Frequently Asked Questions about SSS ID
Below are the most commonly asked questions that people ask about SSS ID:
How many days does it take to get an SSS ID?
It depends. Usually, it takes about 2 weeks. If there are too many people applying for an ID, you may have to wait longer.
→ Learn about Buy Now Pay Later in the Philippines
Is Umid ID and SSS ID the same?
No, they are different. The old ID was issued between 1998 and 2010. As the government has modernized its equipment and systems, they are now issuing the UMID (3). The UMID is an ID system that you can also use for PAG-IBIG, National health insurance Corporation, and GSIS.
How can I register my SSS ID without Umid?
You can do this by going to the SSS office or applying SSS ID online. Use your SSS user ID (number) in the SSS ID form.
Is there a fee for SSS ID?
Yes, the cost varies.
One thing you can do is to apply for SSS ID online, which we will discuss later.
Is SSS ID a Valid ID?
SSS ID is one of the most acceptable Valid IDs in the Philippines, as it has a high degree of protection, plus you can get it personally in SSS. Getting a SSS ID is quite easy. Almost all credit companies accept a SSS ID as a valid ID. Of course, Digido also accepts a SSS ID as an ID.
Digido Loan Requirements
Whether you need money to pay for your SSS ID or if your loan from SSS was denied, you can get a loan from Digido.
Here are the requirements for applying for a loan from Digido:
– One government ID;
– Proof of income like IT or COE;
– You must be a Filipino citizen;
– You must be between 21 and 70 years of age.
If you are operating a business, you have to present your DTI registration and other business documents.
Digido ID requirements
We only require 1 government valid ID but it will help if you can present supporting documents like payslip, COE, ITR, company ID, DTI (if self-employed or with business).
→ Learn about Fast Loan in 15 Minutes
Here are the benefits of getting a loan from Digido:
– Easy application – you can apply for a loan online; you do not have to go to a physical location.
– Fast approval – you can get approved in as short as 24 hours.
– Online transaction – your funds will be deposited to your bank account; you will also pay your debt online and there is no need to go to their office.
Digido is 100% online. It aims to provide loans to the underserved market. If you are interested in it, go to the Digido website and apply for a loan now.Apply now
- Republic of the Philippines Social Security System https://www.sss.gov.ph/
- NBI https://www.nbi.gov.ph/
- Unified Multi-Purpose ID https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki…
RollyHi everyone I could recommend this excellent apps coz the agents are approachable and answers the needs in times of emergency. They us give lower interest and loan prolongation in case you could not pay on time. Thanks to them and keep it up. Mabuhay!!!5
RitzThe approval was so fast, i wasnt ready to apply as I was just testing how the app worked. The next thing I know the money was on its way.4
MerlynDigido is the best online lending company. Faster loan to get no more long processing and fill up everything. Thanks5
AbigailIt's very easy to file a loan on this app and it's very convenient, you just need to wait a minute and there you go, loaned amount was already in your account. Thanks Digido, we can rely on this loan platform in times of needs. And it would be better if loan interest will be lessen a little bit.4
JosephVery convenient when in need. Fast approval and long term payment you can extend the payment with reasonable cost. Thanks and more power!4
Disclaimer: This article was written based on information available to the writer at the time of publication and the article was published for promotional, reference, and educational purposes only. Nothing in the articles published in the website is intended to constitute legal or financial advice and users are advised to seek counsel from legal and financial professionals.
Likewise, rates or offers published in the websites are promotional marketing offers only and do not constitute any binding contract between the Corporation and the website users.While the writers and publishers of the articles in the website wrote the articles using credible information available to them at the time of publication, any changes or updates to the information presented in this article may not be reflected here.
Hence, users are enjoined to exercise appropriate diligence in using the data and information published in the website, and they are urged to study and compare it with other credible sources. Users understand that the writers, publisher, website owner and the Corporation are not liable for any damage or injury they sustained for their wrongful or erroneous use of the data or information written in the article and published in the website.